Want to get an Ecletus

LisaD

Jun 24, 2011
Hi, I'm here asking for some help finding the right large bird for me. I have been thinking about a baby male Eclectus,but someone told me that for my first large bird I should think about getting an African Grey...Anyone have any advice for me?
Thanks for your time, LisaD

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
every1 has to start somewhere :) personnally i think if you do a lot of reasurch into each species for pro's an con's

don't just read the 1st artical you come across, read as many as you can! as some articals can be mis-leading or leave out important info, like noise, natural habits etc and then you'll probably find you'll still want a ecletus........ lol

mrob

Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Gizmo:Male RS Eclectus
R.I.P Merv Hughes: Cockateil
Booger: Alexandrine
I am biased - I have an electus and hes beautiful, sweet natured, just gorgeous.
Then again - i have never had a grey but would do at the drop of a hat if i could afford it - they are $4000 here!
I hear electus are not quite as demanding as grey - can be a little more independent and bond easier with more than one person, as greys tend to 'spe******e' and bond with only one or two...
In saying that every bird is different and im sure some greys are easygoing as well.....they are very very intelligent birds that need a lot of stimulation.....then again so do all parrots!
Eccies diets take a bit of getting used to but once your used to it its not too much trouble...they also have no feather dust which is great if your prone to allergies...
And. looks wise, im sorry but the Eccies have it, hands down!!!

mrob

Mar 22, 2011
New Zealand
Parrots
Gizmo:Male RS Eclectus
R.I.P Merv Hughes: Cockateil
Booger: Alexandrine
every1 has to start somewhere :) personnally i think if you do a lot of reasurch into each species for pro's an con's

don't just read the 1st artical you come across, read as many as you can! as some articals can be mis-leading or leave out important info, like noise, natural habits etc and then you'll probably find you'll still want a ecletus........ lol

LOL SUebee you got it haha:D

mnsalani

May 18, 2011
Media
Kentucky
Parrots
Sushi, our femme fatale SI Ekkie
We just got a female ekkie this past sunday & already she is just wonderful! I am pretty biased at this point, but initially we were really thinking of an African Grey. It came down to those two species, but Sushi just won us over! Do all your research & see which one would fit best with your lifestyle. But remember each bird will have a different personality so maybe go view a few?

Let us know what happens!

Most Reactions