Warm bath?

DerSchniffles

Jun 17, 2012
Bellingham, Wa
Parrots
Female SI Eclectus 'Scarlet'
I hope there is an amnesty for stupid questions.
Is it OK to give Casper a bath in warm water as its a bit chilly today in the UK?

as long as its warm inside with no drafts. my girl gets her showers every day and I just make sure all the windows and doors are closed so she dosent get cold. Just make sure Casper dries off relatively fast.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
You can also give birds a bath after you take a shower(or when you take a shower, mine sits on the door and I mist her) and let them dry off in the warm humid bathroom.

OP
SpringCottageParrot

SpringCottageParrot

Jun 6, 2012
The Weald of Kent
Parrots
Casper a blue fronted Amazon
Thanks all, he is sitting in front of the heater looking like a half drowned green thing making contented sounds and baby crying impersonations. He hasn't tried his usual trick when wet of imitating a human cough to get the sympathy vote. Margaret only got mildly drenched in the operation - I stayed well out of the way.

DerSchniffles

Jun 17, 2012
Bellingham, Wa
Parrots
Female SI Eclectus 'Scarlet'
Thanks all, he is sitting in front of the heater looking like a half drowned green thing making contented sounds and baby crying impersonations. He hasn't tried his usual trick when wet of imitating a human cough to get the sympathy vote. Margaret only got mildly drenched in the operation - I stayed well out of the way.

Hehe, I put Scarlet in front of the heater sometimes too. She loves it, I just gotta make sure she isnt too close or it gets way to hot for her. I just feel her beak and see if its hot.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Aww, I just can't help but laugh whenever I see my birds after a shower. They try to snuggle with me for even tho their in front of a heater, most of the time they get dried by rubbing themselves on my shirt. Don't be surprised if you see me drenched wet with a parrot trying to get under my shirt.

Most Reactions