Was gone almost 2 weeks...

MomofMango

May 20, 2022
Media
Alberta
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw, Mango
And my Mango still loves me. I'm so very lucky. We talked on the phone while I was away.

I took him out before I left, gave him kisses told him I'd be back in 13 days and to be a good boy.

He was unfortunately stuck in his cage during this time but the petsitter even taught him a new trick and he loved her. She taught him to go upside down on the top of the cage on command.

I feel so blessed and lucky he still loves me. He disowned my husband after he came to the states last time to move me up to Canada.

On another note, I'm not traveling again for a long time, if ever. Everyone will have to come visit our zoo, :) but it was so good to see family I hadn't seen in almost 3 years, especially since we are a expecting a little one soon!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Yep birds are smart and remember thier owners, wasn't worried about that when I read the title.

I've had to board my birds before to take care of mom after a funeral out of state, these things happen, but the bounce right back.

She loves you just as much as before. They seem to just get it.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I’m going on vacation in just over a week and I will be leaving Ona for a week and a half 😢

I’m glad Mango has adjusted well!

OP
MomofMango

MomofMango

May 20, 2022
Media
Alberta
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw, Mango
I’m going on vacation in just over a week and I will be leaving Ona for a week and a half 😢

I’m glad Mango has adjusted well!
Just let them know you'll be back. You'll be counting the days until you're back, I know I was. Safe travels. :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Most parrots will forgive absence, especially if you explain to them that you will be gone for X days and will be back. Over the 8+ yrs we've had Salty, I always explain my absences and he has gone from taking a day or 2 to forgive me to being OK with it immediately upon my return. Its almost like he has learned that yah, he'll be gone, but he always comes back. They learn albeit slowly sometimes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts