watch out

davefv92c

Banned
Banned
Nov 29, 2016
Golden eagle attack
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0P5t5NQWM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0P5t5NQWM[/ame]

Last edited:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
OMG! Where did this happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
davefv92c

davefv92c

Banned
Banned
Nov 29, 2016
not sure of where it happened it is 3yrs old.
there is a Crowned Eagle in Africa and there have been small children and baby skulls
have been found in their nests so there are birds that can do.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
See second Video!! Frame by Frame review of the first Video!!!

Although, Golden Eagles are more than large enough to lift a small child. The events are very, very rare. In this case, it did not happen in real life!

But, all and all a great presentation of flight, turns, and attack /lift! Technology gets better everyday and CG is leading that edge. Take care not to believe everything you see on the Internet!

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
This went viral years ago but like SB mentioned its not real.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
While your baby is safe from being carried away by a raptor, your parrot, on a Aviator or Flightsuit type harness is not. If you have hawks or eagles in your area, be vigilant especially in open areas. There are many factual accounts of loved parrots becoming one more meal for raptors. Here on Long Island NY, while we do have some osprey and falcons, it's the red tail hawk most common, and they do take other birds as prey. In suburbia, with 1/4 - 1/2 acre plots, they aren't common but out on the pine barrens, or large parks they are and Salty is not going there unless he is in his pak-o-bird.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
While your baby is safe from being carried away by a raptor, your parrot, on a Aviator or Flightsuit type harness is not. If you have hawks or eagles in your area, be vigilant especially in open areas. There are many factual accounts of loved parrots becoming one more meal for raptors. Here on Long Island NY, while we do have some osprey and falcons, it's the red tail hawk most common, and they do take other birds as prey. In suburbia, with 1/4 - 1/2 acre plots, they aren't common but out on the pine barrens, or large parks they are and Salty is not going there unless he is in his pak-o-bird.

We have a resident hawk and I stopped taking Venus and Buddy out in their harness. Monday morning it was sitting on our roof. Buddy and Venus look like Skittles lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reni

Sep 9, 2016
Media
Okotoks, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Two cockatiels and a Green Cheek Conure.
Our town has a huge off-leash dog park located at the highest spot in town (beautiful view of the Rockies). We have Swainson hawks and Bald Eagles that sometimes fly over. Since one of my dogs is an Italian Greyhound at 9lbs, I do watch the sky as she could be their next meal.

Most Reactions

Latest posts