Welcome home, Gale(pictures)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
This is Gale. She hatched in April, we put the deposit on her in June, and have been visiting her every week since then. :) I haven't mentioned her yet, but she came home today and she's settling in wonderfully. Is totally fearless and loves any toy she can get her beak on! She is also DNA tested female.

This is what she looked like when we met her:

nomnomnom toys..

Getting some rest in her cage, after eating and drinking a little bit of course. :)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
So cute !! Welcome Gale :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations!!! She's as lovely as her name!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, Gale is adorable! Xander will be in love, fighting me for the computer so he can see new pictures of her (hint hint).
:)

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Awww, Gale is adorable! Xander will be in love, fighting me for the computer so he can see new pictures of her (hint hint).
:)

I promise I'll be taking tons of pictures, seeing as I work from home and am totally fascinated with her ;) I think it's only fair if you share some more of Xander also! :54::D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sounds like a deal! How old is she?

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
She's right around 5 months :) I'm excited for her first molt so she can get those long tail feathers. She also has a shadow-neck-ring which I find absolutely adorable. I think the universe knew I was looking for a boy because I love the ring/nape, so she grew her own little ring :)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Gale is lovely! She seems so sweet, I definitely look forward to more photos and stories! Congrats on your new flock member :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations! Gale looks so sweet! :)

She has a light ring? I didn't think female and baby Alex's had any at all.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Congratulations! Gale looks so sweet! :)

She has a light ring? I didn't think female and baby Alex's had any at all.

Some females do.. it'll never develop into the full black ring/pink nape, but some females have a "shadow." You can kind of see it in these pictures.(they're older, but I don't have any newer pictures of her ring :) )

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Congratulations!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Congrats on baby Gale. She is beautiful. Bundii will be so happy to have another girlie Alex in the ranks. She sends her biggest and bestest squawks of hello. :D

Bundii too has a very light shadow of a neck ring. The babies and females will often have this but never truly develop a black neck ring.

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
Congratulations! She really is adorable :D

I wish you two all the luck and love in the world ^^

Most Reactions