Pet of the Day.comWe know every pet is special!Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Visit Today's
Dog of the Day

Visit Today's
Cat of the Day

Does your
pet have a
sixth sense?
[FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Yes[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Sometimes[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Never[/FONT]

w.gif
29.jpg
[FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Name:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Rosie
[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Age:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Two years old
[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Gender:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Female
[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Kind:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]African Grey Timneh
[/FONT] [FONT=Times, Times New Roman]Home:[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Woodstock, Maryland, USA
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial][SIZE=+2]M[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]y girl Rosie Alexandra is as sweet as candy. She loves to play with her many toys. Rosie has a good vocabulary of words, sentences and sounds. Some of what she likes to say is "do you want a drink of water" "are you ready to take a walk" "hi honey" and a big "whoooppee do". You can hear and see her on YouTube. Some of the sounds she mimics is a human sneeze, the microwave, cell phone and my cat's meow. One of her favorite toys is an ice cube. You can see a video of this on YouTube as well.

Rosie is my first bird as an adult. I had parakeets as a child. I was drawn to the African Grey species by their beauty and intellect. The famous CAG Alex (congo african grey) also influenced me. Rosie was thirteen weeks old when I got her and she had just fledged while with the hand feeder. She was a little on the clumsy side for a few weeks until she got used to her new home. She gets along fine with my gentle cat.

I really do not like to dress up or teach animals tricks. Rosie can sing, dance and show off her brain power but she will not be riding a scooter or playing basketball.

As for her food, she eats Harrisons pellets very well. She is not too keen on the leafy green vegies and prefers them all cooked. I make lots of mashes for her to eat for the evening meal. When I tell people I shop organic and cook for my bird, I really get strange looks. Rosie should live to be in her 60's, or even older, so she deserves the best. Rosie is a great bird and brings a smile to all that meet her.

29b.jpg

29c.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Times, Georgia]Talk about today's pet in Pet Talk![/FONT]

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
Awww, congrats Rosie and spiritbird! I love the videos of her. She has such a cute voice! "Whoooppee do pee do pee do pee do!"

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
hee hee i lurve that, whoop de whoop de dooo song :) makes me smile lol and congrates to you both!

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

I was spot on
I have always said Rosie Alexander
HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TIMNEH'S FACE EVER THANKS FOR CONFIRMING IT
PET OF THE DAY

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT]​

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Congrats Rosie.... you are very pretty Girl.... I love your face and your videos...

Most Reactions