well put paragraph

RKZX2

Jul 18, 2009
Media
Parrots
gold capped conure (Munchie)
moluccan cockatoo (Poppy)
i found this while looking for parrot tattoos. yeah. i want one. here it is.

"
parrot-bird_paradise_blk1.jpg
A word of caution to would-be keepers of exotic birds – read up before you purchase one. Most kept birds die well before their time. The average life span of the larger parrots is 75 years, but due to their sometimes aggressive, noisy, biting behavior - all of which is perfectly natural - many of them die of neglect and abuse. The result has been the establishment of numerous parrot shelters in many urban centers. Even more troubling is that many parrots are protected species, and the public's appetite for exotic birds had led to serious declines in wild populations and the loss of many birds in illegal smuggling and bird-trafficking operations. Perhaps no other group of birds has been as exploited as have parrots, and a parrot tattoo is an homage to one of the most colourful characters in the avian world and certainly in literature."

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
cool ink ... when you get it would love to see a picture of the final product (as long as it's in a place that is forum appropriate) ...

I agree with many of the statements in that paragraph, the one thing that isn't mention is that some of the parrots that are actually being helped in the wild (their numbers regaining) due to breeders that are now in captivity and supplying the pet demand ...

Most Reactions

Latest posts