Wendy, Jen and Victoria - Bird Paradise & Wendy's babies!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
So today was a fun day, tho really crappy weather... Victoria and I drove to Bird Paradise in Burlington, NJ and met Wendy! After doing some shopping, we headed to Wendy's house. When we got there, we made it an unofficial Parrot Forums gathering by calling Terry on the phone.

So we got to meet everyone today and I made some headway into my macaw exposure by feeding pinenuts to Ripley and Niko... gotta start somewhere :) Ripley, like most birds, fell to the appeal of Victoria's hair and was preening her, but he seemed to think my shirt looked like a shredding toy and kept sneaking up behind me to try to chew holes in my shirt. He was preening my shirt and hair, but then seemed more interested in picking at the shirt.

Hunter and Sam came out too.... really beautiful babies, got some cute video of Hunter trying to convince Sam she wanted to be his personal groomer :)

Of course the best part for Victoria was meeting Niko and Ripley, but I have to admit I fell in love with Oscar and Ziva, the four legged furry kids :) Of course got video of them too and Victoria took a funny shot of Oscar, he kept playing London Bridge and walking under me, guess I was tall enough he would literally just walk thru my legs instead of around me. But then I scratched his back on a pass and he decided to just hang out, guess that's one way to get a girl's attention!!

Thought I post to share, lots of great birdie videos and some dogs that are too cute to miss!!

Jen and Oscar...

Videos, videos and more videos... I think I caught the one with bad language, apologies if I missed anything, let me know and I'll delete the video, but think these are all safe :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PoiteYozc8"]Wendy(1) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raGKfBCvZqY"]Wendy(3) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mccVkaQumEA"]Wendy's(5) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arOaSMni2Us"]Wendy's(7) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMuxUcJf3-0"]Wendy's(2) - YouTube[/ame]

Puppy love....
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVYFmJOBE"]Wendy's(1) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMxS9Ii44Nk"]Wendy's(4) - YouTube[/ame]

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jen, I so LOVE those videos, it was so good seeing all Wendy's beautiful fids and furpuppies! Did Wendy hide because I didn't see her once in those!
Thank y'all for including me today, that meant so much to me:)
Looks like y'all had a blast!

@Wendy - I love you too, Sweet Pea:)

lucy1

Nov 6, 2012
UK
Parrots
Milo - my new baby B&G macaw! Rosie - Orange Wing Amazon & Rupert - Red Lored Amazon
So jealous!! Would love go meet people from here, and Wendy and the gang are one of my 'dream meets!!'

I love my 'virtual friends' on here but us UK members seem a little thin on the ground... No one near me... :(

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Well anyone who will be in the NJ area (anywhere driving distance to Bird Paradise), I think Wendy and I could both be talked into another fun visit day!!!

I should have gotten video inside the store, you have to see it to believe it :)

Terry - I tried to avoid getting any of us... Wendy threatened me I better not video tape her cleaning up macaw poo on the floor and she refused to dance with the birds because she knew I'd tape her (no matter how many times I promised I wouldn't... yeah, guess that was way too transparent a lie!!!!).

Victoria loves London, if / when we plan another international vacation, we will let you know and if you can get near / close to Heathrow, we can have an international Parrot Forums get together!!

Of we could all meet in Ireland, cause I LOVE Ireland and would visit again in a heartbeat... and we have a new Irish member who could use all of us coming over to visit and bringing in some goodies to save her shipping and customs :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
You know, Canada is a beautiful place to visit too:)
We don't have any cool bird stores close to me, but I have lots of wine:)

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots

You're on my list!!! You are about 40 hours drive time and we have to figure out how to do with Folger, but Victoria and I are fans of driving / roadtrips. So don't be surprised when we show up at your door :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

You're on my list!!! You are about 40 hours drive time and we have to figure out how to do with Folger, but Victoria and I are fans of driving / roadtrips. So don't be surprised when we show up at your door :)

Works for me! We would have a blast:) Maybe Victoria could put Folger in her jacket and no one would notice at the border.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am so happy that you meet, it is a wonderful feeling

Sure you all had a lovely time, let this be the begining of many more visits.

Where was Wendy ????

Love the vid's

Thanks for sharing

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Yay! That was fun! We all got to share the visit - thanks so much for that! :D :D :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
We had a FUN FUN afternoon, and we HAVE to do it again soon, Jen & Victoria. :D

Oh, I'm in one of the videos. You can briefly see me in "Wendy (7)", and then again in another one as I come through the hallway.

I'm sure glad you didn't videotape me scooting along the floor on my hands and needs, cleaning up all the "little" presents the big macs left on the tiles. :54:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
ALRIGHT. I'm packing up the flock/herd/pack and moving to the east coast!!!!!! Lol

I saw Niko got immediately sucked in by Victoria's charm ;) and Ripley's got some spunk! Haha

I was DYING watching Sam trying to get hunter to preen him LOL "just HOLD STILL!" And their little foot fights- so funny!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I loved these videos, Jen! As always, Wendy's birds are a trip! And it was nice to see Victoria! You and Wendy,on the other hand, are waaaaaaaaaay too camera shy! And no, Wendy, those headless shots of you walking from the hallway do not count! Lol!

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Hey you got a photo of me with Oscar in his rather interesting way of asking for attention...

I was doing the photos and video, you can hear my big mouth all the time :) I said after we left that we should have gotten a group photo at Bird Paradise. next time!!!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hey you got a photo of me with Oscar in his rather interesting way of asking for attention...

I was doing the photos and video, you can hear my big mouth all the time :) I said after we left that we should have gotten a group photo at Bird Paradise. next time!!!!

Ha! Like I told Wendy, headless shots don't count! (Even hilarious ones with ridiculously bold, extroverted dogs!)

Most Reactions