We're having a BIRTHDAY here!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Griffin got the royal treatment on his first hatchday!!! Wow! Not only a flock party but a brand new shiny aluminum cage too! Lucky boy!

Julie, I know I've said it before, but your birds are so beautiful. I love the photo of Twigs partying with the big guys! I thought Griffin looked all grown up until I saw the photo of the mature male Ruppell's for comparison.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I even let the boys have some fake birdie "cigarettes"! :11:

They're hollow sticks of super soft wood, shape and size of a cigarette lol. Look at Raven in the second pic. He was a little too happy with his... He even stole Griffin's right out of his mouth! Robin liked his so much I didn't have time for a pic!

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Happy Birthday Griffin!!! So excited for his mature color, I don't think you have to worry about him losing his baby face though!
Looks they all had a great time, good thing they ate responsibly ;) .
Can't wait to see his new cage. Sounds like they might have a new hang out spot :)

On a side note, I love the picture of Griffin and Twigs with Raven in his cage!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Happy hatchday Griffin. It sure looks like you had a wonderful day with your bff's and fam bam. :D. That sure looks like an impressive array of party snacks your mom made.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Griffin says thank you to his Aussie friends :)!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh my goodness! This is too cute! :D It sounds like lots of fun to be had by all! :D HAPPY HATCH DAY GRIFFIN!!! And many more! From me Lilo and Sonic! :p

And Lilo thinks he is a very handsome birdy! :p

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
What a great series of photos! Happy b-day lucky dude! Btw, I love the photo of Twig hanging out with the big boys :D. He looks so much like my HBIC (head bird in charge) Gadget, who's also fearless and bold.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What a great series of photos! Happy b-day lucky dude! Btw, I love the photo of Twig hanging out with the big boys :D. He looks so much like my HBIC (head bird in charge) Gadget, who's also fearless and bold.

Thanks Chris, "HBIC" lol!!! Oh, I completely know what attitude you're talking about :18:! Twigs has that big time. It's so bad that I really don't know if he'd get along with another budgie (as they're supposed to), or if he'll just beat up a new guy! Little fists come out from under his wings... I swear they do! :52:
Actually Griffin is really the self appointed HBIC!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Julie! How could you! Giving your birdies cigarettes. Tsk tsk. Now Raven's party cage is going to be even more wild! What next? Grape juice? Guess you'll have to make them all shred a whole "pack" each to teach em a lesson:D

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
All of your guys are gorgeous! It looks like they all had a good time. I love that Twigs hangs with the big boys! Griffin and Raven look adorable in those pictures!Thank you for sharing with us!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Julie! How could you! Giving your birdies cigarettes. Tsk tsk. Now Raven's party cage is going to be even more wild! What next? Grape juice? Guess you'll have to make them all shred a whole "pack" each to teach em a lesson:D

Griffin says thank you all :)... he did enjoy his party, although it was not one of his usual high energy evenings for whatever reason. I thought I was going to have that big mess which is typical after a party lol, but no... It was pretty easy clean up.

April - I know, I know... Bad mom :(... Surprisingly, Griffin really didn't even like them. Raven and the old man loved theirs lol!

"Shred a whole pack" hahaha! So funny about making kids smoke a whole entire pack til they're sick to learn their lesson. I'm sure it backfired on many moms and dads, and made a whole lot of new smokers after they recovered from smoking the whole pack lol.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
How did I miss this thread?!?

Happy Hatchday, Griffin!!!!

Loved all of the pics, Julie! Your flock looks beautiful as always! I only wish I lived close enough to have crashed the party myself. Hahaha!

Most Reactions

Latest posts