Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
It's Raven :D! He's 2 today. I tried to get a video of him talking, but he's not in a very chatty mood right now.

I at least wanted to get a good pic, but I guess he wasn't in the mood for that either... This is what we have for now... LOL, better pics (and maybe vid) later :)!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!!!!
I know that beautiful boy will be spoiled rotten today:) A vid would be awesome!

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Happy Birthday! :10: hope you have a wonderful day Raven :)

BTW: that is the exact same cage I have for Doobie! Do you have problems with the stand wheels? Do you know I can find a replacement stand? Sorry, just excited to see the same cage as Doobs :D

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

MyFlock: Raven's cage is this one King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More It doesn't have a stand.. if it did, I wouldn't be taking the cage off since it's 120 lbs :p

Oh bummer, It looks just like mine so I thought it was the same one. I need to get a replacement stand for it because one of the wheels keep popping off :(

Do you know what brand it is? If it doesn't say, you can ask what brand from where you bought it? Then contact the manufacturer. Bummer, that sounds like a pain, hope you can get a new one!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Here's the birthday boy :D relaxing...

This is his present. He loved the last one of these so much that he worked at it for hours without even stopping to eat lol.

After a bath, Robin thought he'd try a different hairstyle for the special occasion. Swept to the side :)

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Happy Birthday, Raven!!! I cracked up laughing at his first (buttshot) photo! Second set is sooooo much better, even though I do dig his bright red rear! :D

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Happy Hatch Day! Wow, she is beautiful. So dark!

Thanks :)! Raven is a boy ;)... The vet and staff calls him 'she' also, then he saw on an x-ray he had enlarged testicles, which reminded him of his gender LOL.

He isn't sexually mature yet, but Pionus can act the part several years before they can breed. He is awful right now, he has earned the name Mr. Hormone with me.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
... The vet and staff calls him 'she' also, then he saw on an x-ray he had enlarged testicles, which reminded him of his gender LOL.

He isn't sexually mature yet, but Pionus can act the part several years before they can breed. He is awful right now, he has earned the name Mr. Hormone with me.

I...can't....breathe! ROFLMAO so bad right this moment!

Raven, you are busted! Julie, your description SO reminds me of a teenage BOY who...who....who's began feeling his 'oats'.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!!! I hope you are having an amazing second birthday, you beautiful boy, and if I know your mom, that's exactly what you're doing.

I love the photos Julie! Nice of handsome Robin to dress for the occasion.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Raven says thank you :D

Wendy you crack me up! Yep it's true, that is him :18:! He is consistently a sweet boy with Don, but 99% of the time Mr. Hormone with me haha, his threat posture is not very becoming of him at all (like an Amazon display, and he makes an ugly face lol)... He has a "relationship" with Griffin and Don, and I'm just the pesty intruder... although I'm only his "real" owner who feeds him and takes care of his well being!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Poor Julie! Smack me, but I'm still giggling at Wendy's remarks about Raven's teenage tendencies. She's right about his cute red-feathered butt too.

I keep hoping Raven will come around and realize he should treat you better. He's only two, still plenty of time for a change of heart.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I was hoping to get video of Raven talking. He's usually pretty funny, but he just didn't want to today. So here are some last pics :). He's starting to molt, but you can't tell from this angle.

Party guest Griffin

Thanks for looking! :)

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Gorgeous birdies! :)

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Happy birthday, Raven! I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for the pics!

Most Reactions