We've come so far :)

Ozzy

Sep 28, 2010
Orlando
Parrots
Ozzy- 5 year old Dna'd male Blue Front Amazon
I rescued Ozzy from his third home a couple months ago. He had lived in a cage eating only seed for the last year and never getting out. Needless to say, he was not friendly. We have come so far! He still will only let me remove him from the cage with a perch but he now has no problem stepping up, lets me put my hand over his head to scratch his neck (biggest improvement!), lets me scratch all over him and move his wings and is talking non-stop to me! Here is a recent picture. I am soo happy I ended up adopting as opposed to getting a baby. I feel this incredible trust and connection with him and every little bit more he trusts me is just the best feeling. Im sure everyone who has rescued can relate. Anyways, sorry for the ramble... just felt like posting a pic of how cute he is!

Attachments

• ozzynov3.jpg
    ozzynov3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 116

Marie

Oct 19, 2010
Parrots
I have a Meyer's Parrot named Lily.
That is awesome. Congrats!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Congrats you bonding beautifully with Ozzy.
So glad you taking it one day at a time, and at his pace.
Nothing wrong with Ozzy stepping onto a perch, when he comes out the cage, that is the first step, he is beginning to trust you.
Keep it up

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Well done and congrats. Your efforts are being rewarded and duely so
great job keep it up

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I always have a warm spot in my heart for a person that adopts a needy bird rather than giving a breeder money. The rewards are so much more. Good for you!!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Anytime the subject is rescued birds you have my permission to ramble as much as you want ;), I can't tell you how glad I am that you stuck it out with Ozzy, funny how all the anxiety and frustration seem to melt away when you make that special connection with a bird that you removed from a bad situation or adopted from a rescue, for my own personal experience, that overwhelming feeling that I get when sitting and interacting with my fids, I have to sometimes wonder, who actually rescued whom! :)

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Aww, that is so sweet. I wished I would have realized how MANY MANY birds needed homes BEFORE I found and fell in love with Maui, obviously, I wouldn't give him up for the world now, but I would have enjoyed to rescue myself.

JessH

Nov 3, 2010
It's great to read stories like this since I'm considering adopting a "project" bird too.

I'm new here, what exactly is Ozzie's story?

scarperchick

Oct 25, 2010
chesterfield
Parrots
green ringneck- baby, also 2 yorkies- benny n ollie, 3 turtles- shelldon,tiny and didi and a rabbit- george and a budgie - sunny
thts awesome news well done hunni :) i too av a rescue that im working with that is also very unfriendly who as been in similar situation... i fell in love with her instantly so i know how you feel.... your right you have come along way and that is a huge credit to you :)

<applauds>

lordburrito

Oct 26, 2010
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Lilly, Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot
Johnny, Scarlet Macaw
Chilli, Scarlet Macaw
Way to go go!!!! Congrats!! And he is soooooooooooooooooo beautifulllll!!! He's baeutifull yeallow head is impressive!!! Is he maybe aestiva xanthopteryx??!!

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
What a wonderful outcome for Ozzy and for you... very heartwarming and a strong support for the value of rescue. I wish you the joy I had with my first Sam... rescued at 9 and 22 years of joy for my home til her death last summer.

Most Reactions