What a diffrent a cage makes :)

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
"Ellsie" Female, 2 years old, Senegal
I recently (FINALLY) up graded Elsie’s cage by quite a bit, unfortunately she was stuck in a stupidly small cage (about 1.5ft square)...

she now has a cage which is about 5.5x2x3ft (bearing in mind this is a little Senegal!) and WOAH what a difference.... she now plays with all her toys, and as she now has separate bowls she LOVES her fruit and veg, which just got launched previously, she even beats her beak on the bowl if its left empty for to long!!

i never had the money to upgrade for a while , which i know is bad, but had her out so much i tried to justify it was ok to myself.....

but even in the mornings she isn’t screaming half as much when its time to come out!!

SO... if anyone is hesitant to spend on cages DO IT. i wish i had done sooner, i didnt expect this much of a difference in her :)

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww i am so glad its workin out for you :) and yes i was rather amazed by the size of nuts cage when my brother assembled it!! lol

i have been lookin on ebay for a 2nd hand cage so nut can spend time outside with us when weathers hot!

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Looks like ellsie was trying to tell you something. I'm glad you guys are communicating. I'm also looking for a smaller cage to take outside, I push merlins cage back & forth, but its a little large to be handy.

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Wow that looks like a really nice cage. Where'd you get it and for how much?

OP
ellsiebird

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
I got mine second hand but pratically new as she baught it for her B&G Macaw, but she said it was a little to small for her, i got it for £80 ($130),

Subee have you looked on preloved.co.uk? or freeads.co.uk , usual alt on eaither site. thats where i found mine quite alot of parrot stuff on there (sadly lots and lots of unwanted Senegals on preloved...infact thats where i found Els!)

Im suprised at how Ellsie being happier, has made me more relaxed for her also.
she really is Queen of her castle!... (Irony is my surname is Castle) haha

will try and get a pic of her in it up

pittiepride

Apr 6, 2011
I had the same experience with my grey. She was in an 18"x18" cage and when I upgraded to a 3x2x5H she is so much happier. She won't rush you at the door, she explores and uses her toys and is happy to just be in her cage. It makes a huge a difference in their personalities.
kara

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots
Indian Ringneck: Damien

RIP: Dempsey & Winston
I had the same problem with my IRN.

When I bought him he came with a terribly small cage, it was fine at first because he was rather young, but he grew quite tired of it rather quickly, and his behaviour worsened.

I recently got a great cage for £50, it has to be worth at least £150 so bargain straight away. He looked so tiny in it, but I was pleased because he has a cage he can really grow into and his behaviour has really improved since too! So yes, a great cage really is worth it, because seeing him happy is simply amazing!

Mondos Parents

Jan 21, 2011
Media
Louisville, KY
Parrots
YC x YN Amazon "Mondo" ,Green Wing Macaw "Bob" & Catablue Macaw "Jake"
Mondo went from a 2'x2'x3' cage to a 48" H x 42" W x 30" D Playtop, he hardly ever wants to leave!

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
Suebee, how did your brothers visit go?

he didn't make it up :( but nuts still nuts she started the nibbing of ears thing again grrr lol

an ty ellsi i will look at pre loved, looked on it at some birds needing a re-home :( really sad,

OP
ellsiebird

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
Here it is.... just realised how little she is on it from this photo!!!

She does now have some more perches in there so she isnt a lost little soul!!!
:D

Attachments

• Photo0362.jpg
    Photo0362.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 222

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Thats a great cage....just wait till its filled with toys....she won't ever want to come out. LOL

OP
ellsiebird

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
haha i have only just noticed what alittle green eveil vulture she looks in this photo!

Most Reactions