What are the best food pellet brands for conures?

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Right now I am giving Maddox Zupreem pasta blend food but I wanted to ask if that brand works, and what you guys use for pellets.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Personally, I don’t recommend Zupreem, because of the sugar.
My green cheek Tom adores All Living Things Oven fresh bites (also called Caitec) I give them as a treat.
When I fed pellets, I gave TOPs but they aren’t wildly playable to many birds.

Lafebers is a better formula than Zupreem. Or Hagan, their alternative formula is okay too.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Personally, I don’t recommend Zupreem, because of the sugar.
My green cheek Tom adores All Living Things Oven fresh bites (also called Caitec) I give them as a treat.
When I fed pellets, I gave TOPs but they aren’t wildly playable to many birds.

Lafebers is a better formula than Zupreem. Or Hagan, their alternative formula is okay too.
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Right now I am giving Maddox Zupreem pasta blend food but I wanted to ask if that brand works, and what you guys use for pellets.
I'm a big Harrison's fan but some people think they're too expensive. I only have one budgie that eats pellets so a bag lasts me a very long time. It you had to feed Harrison's to a dozen parrots I see how it could get expensive. But if the pellets you and your birds want cost $50 a month (for example) vs $25 a month, it doesn't seem to prohibitive to me. I could find ways to cut out some personal luxuries to pay for something I wanted my birds to have. For example, many people spend more than $5 a day on their morning coffee at a place like Starbucks instead of brewing a small pot at home for pennies. That's a $100 a month for a five day a week coffee! That could buy a lot of bird food! However, some people really can't afford bird food that costs 50% more and I totally respect that.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Doesn't have to be an everyday meal but both my conures like this....

Also I give the usual pellets and even some limited seeds

Attachments

• 20230512_152637.jpg
    20230512_152637.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 19

Most Reactions

Latest posts