What conures do people here own?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm still new to the forum. I see that GCC's seem to be the most prevalent, or their owners just love to talk about them!

I've seen 2 posters with Queen of Bavaria (also called Golden, I gather).

What other conures grace our forum? I have a Nanday, and also had a Blue Crown who unfortunately died in October.

Oh, I've seen a few others with BCs here as well.

beckybird

Nov 16, 2011
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Lola (green cheek conure)
Connor (yellow sided green cheek conure)
Dorian "Buzzy" (senegal)
Hi : )

Lola my green cheek will be 8 years old this coming March. She was my first conure ever.

Lincoln my blue crowned conure will be 6 years old next July. I am sorry to hear about your little blue crown's passing. I think Blue crowned conures have a certain kind of intelligence that is unique. Lincoln amazes me every day. I was really upset and I was crying about something last week, so I had all of my birds sitting next to me. Lincoln was staring at me intently, and then he whispered quietly, "I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry." He is very emotionally tuned in to me.

Then there's Connor, my yellow sided green cheek. He will be 2 years old this January. He is the most gentle, sweet, friendly bird I have ever had.

There are lots of conure lovers on this forum :)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Guava, our green cheek conure, will be one soon. She is a snuggle bug!

Attachments

• 206240_175403555845337_100001270802970_444867_5042231_n.jpg
    206240_175403555845337_100001270802970_444867_5042231_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,344

beckybird

Nov 16, 2011
Media
Southern California
Parrots
Lola (green cheek conure)
Connor (yellow sided green cheek conure)
Dorian "Buzzy" (senegal)
omg, lexx510, that pic of your conure snuggling in the blanket is one of the cutest birdie photos I have ever seen!!

NatWatson

Oct 3, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I have Yoda the Sun Conure. Was definitely what I needed to contrast the multiple personality, eat bag Quaker. He is do playful and entertaining <3 perfect little family member.

woubette

Sep 19, 2011
Media
Texas
Parrots
Rio-Pineapple GCC
Kai-Cinnamon GCC
Yeah....us green cheek parronts LOVE to talk about our fids!!!!!! Welcome to the forum! I am rather new here myself but have gained a wealth of information and great advice. Everyone here is so friendly and knowledgeable. It seems like just about any question you can have, at least one person here has been through it and can guide you in the right direction!

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Two blue crowns. 25 year old Tootsie (right in my avatar photo) who has been with me about 13 years. And Rosa (left in avatar), unknown age and a rescue bird, who has been with me since the summer. Both are buddies with each other now and I'm making good progress developing a relationship with Rosa.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
We have a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Franklin who's 8 1/2 months old. We love him to bits! I have a bunch of pictures of him in my profile. :) This one he just got done with a good preening and is fluffed up to shake :)

Toni

Last edited:
OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I have to agree that BCCs seem to be different. A different type of intelligence, emotional, but not in a spazzy way.

There are a lot of good people here, and as a lifelong bird owner, I'm trying to help as well when I can.

My Nanday is Rowdy and is almost 12.

My BC was Briana or Bri and she was only 10 when she had a fatal stroke.

I have a new Yellow Crown Amazon who is 28, but I've only had him 4 weeks.

mandygo

Dec 5, 2011
Winter Park, Florida
Parrots
Sugar: sun conure rescue; Albert: blue & gold macaw rescue; Nikki: Congo African Grey rescue
I have a sun conure that is a rescue. She is such a snuggler! I love her to bits!

everdusk

Oct 27, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Parrots
Marzipan (Hahns Macaw) & Pip & Monte ('tiels) // In Memory: Countess ('tiel), Primrose (GCC), Pauly, Star, Yoshi & Keitaro (budgies)
Prim is a Pineapple GCC. She has a big enough personality for her little stature!

sabrecat666

Jul 20, 2011
Parrots
Guido - Jenday Conure, Nunzio - GCC and Kiwi - IRN
Guido, the bird in my avatar, is an approximately 10 month old Jenday Conure :)

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Everyone has such beautiful birdies!

I agree that conures are every bit a large parrot in a small body. Rowdy could very well be an amazon, lol!

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
turquoise green cheek conure
2 budgies
I have a turquoise green cheek. He's so funny and playful and a great talker 8 months old

Sylver

Nov 3, 2011
Perth, Australia
Parrots
Sun Conure named Halo.
I've had Halo for nearly a month now. He seems to wake up as soon as the sun is up, at about 5-6 am.
He pushes his beak up against the side of the cage and runs backwards and forwards making a loud clanging noise until I wake up and give him some attention, cheeky beggar. He's like a feathered alarm clock!

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
I've had Halo for nearly a month now. He seems to wake up as soon as the sun is up, at about 5-6 am.
He pushes his beak up against the side of the cage and runs backwards and forwards making a loud clanging noise until I wake up and give him some attention, cheeky beggar. He's like a feathered alarm clock!

Thats really funny. These birds have quite the personality.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
We have a little black capped conure named Billie Joe :)
IMAG1727.jpg

Here his is with a little soda bottle for size reference
IMAG1535.jpg

Most Reactions