good boy
pretty bird
NO

SunMommy

Nov 6, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Pyro, my new baby sun conure
I dont have a BCC, but I do have a baby sun conure. He is 3 months old now and has just started mimicking me. He chirps a couple different toons that I like to whistle. Thats all so far, but I think its huge since I haven't even had him a month yet. :)

Lukask

Dec 9, 2011
Minnesota
Parrots
Luna- GCC, Stella- Caique
i have a green cheek that is about 5 months old. I have never heard her say anything. She's just making typical bird noises.

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Our GCC is about 10-11 months old. She's becoming quite the talker.

Give me kiss (right before she kisses us)
Thank you (usually after she gives us a kiss)
Hi baby
Guava (her name)
Hi Guava
And she makes a variety of smooching noises

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
Keen says, "Mommy, I love you! You are the best Mommy EVER!!". :D

Oh ... wait ... no she doesn't ... but I'm pretty sure she thinks it. :)

Keen just mimics noises and makes the cutest little bird noises. :)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Cricket started his first words at 5 months. He seems to be a very smart bird. He is now 9 months old and says:

Hey Baby
Cricket Cricket Cricket
Whach ya doin
Good boy
Bee Bop baby

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My BC used to say:
Hi
Hello
Whatcha doin?
What's up? or What's up, Bri or What's up, Audrey. She was Bri and I am Audrey
My name often (Audrey)
Kiss
Good night
Pretty bird
Good girl
What or what what
Goodnight
I'm sure there are some others I'm forgetting at the moment. She was a very clear and loud talker and she sounded very human. She also spoke very emotionally for some reason. Hi was more like "HIIIIII!" and when she said "Pretty bird" she trilled it out like she was singing it. Once when my mom's dog scared her and we called the dog back to us and said "good girl" when the dog responded, Bri also said "good girl" in this very relived way like "ugh, thank God." I have to admit, she was a very unique and special girl.

My Nanday is harder to quantify because she has said many things only once, and sometimes they were very long sentences. You can read her funny story in the conure funny story sticky about when I first got the cat. That's the only time she's ever said that. A few years ago whenever she got made at me, she would say, "You go outside and play in the parking lot!" To this day, I have no idea where she got that. I live in the country. There are no parking lots, lol! I can only guess TV. She said that maybe 8 times and I've never heard it again. Once when I told her I was going to the store and would be right back, she said, "NO! I'm going to the store!" I told her not to forget the milk. On a regular basis she says:
Hello (her first word)
Hi
Hey hey
What?
You're a good girl, I love you
Kiss and makes kissing noises
Goodnight
Be right back? in a pathetic little voice whenever I leave.
Oh, Rowdy, you're such a pretty bird
Gimme!
Veggies!
Sometimes she speaks very clearly in a high voice and often she mumbles in a scratchy little voice. I hear her mumbling a lot of things that I can't quite understand. So really I have no idea of what she can say.

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Maxx is just starting to talk. He does say Nite Nite when I go to cover his cage for the evening. This is something I started from the first night I went to cover his cage. It started as a mumble, but now it is very distinct. I love you, and Pretty Boy is what I am working on now.

OP
jasongover

jasongover

Aug 27, 2011
Media
baltimore
Parrots
turquoise green cheek conure
2 budgies
I'm not sure how these forums work
ROXY
WOW Roxy thats really good I hope my little buddy keeps saying more right now he's 8 months old.
sprit I Very my little buddy is about the same age as yours
Mamanda Very cute i'm sure my lil buddy knows he's spoiled rotten.
Lexx Lu Lu makes a bunch of smooch noises too it's very cute. he'll do it from acrossed the room I trying to teach him how to fist bump but he won't close his foot :(
Lukask Keep repeating things and he'll pick it up
SunMommy wow 3 mouths thats great i wish i had gotten my lil buddy sooner :(

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
It's really cool to hear all the cute things all your fids say! I do hope Keen talks someday. Would be fun.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I suspect if my Nanday hadn't been 8 months old when I got her, I might have been able to teach her more. Then again, she does know a lot more than I'm aware of. Like I said, she mumbles a lot of stuff to me all the time that I can't for sure make out. And comes out with amazing things in certain circumstances. She did say "Hello" for the first time 2 weeks after I got her. I worked on it a lot during those 2 weeks though.

My BC always got a lot of recognition from other people though as the better talker. What makes a better talker though? One that's always clear and easy to understand? Or one that can say whole sentences out of the blue? Bri talked all day as well. Rowdy doesn't. I think Rowdy also knows her screech is a lot louder and more effective than her speaking voice.

I forgot to add that Rowdy says, "Ok" when she wants her cage covered, or uncovered in the morning.

Bri and I had conversations all day, but they went like this:

Bri: "Audrey?"
Me: "Yes, Bri?"
Bri: "Whatcha doin?"
Me: "I'm on the computer. Whatcha doin?"
Bri: "Good girl!"
Me: "Thank you, Bri. You're a good girl, too."
Then it would start all over again. And yes, she could ask what I was doing 20-30x in a row, lol!

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Nice to see that so many of us have conures that ARE talking, because from what I understand, conures aren't known so much for their abilities to talk, however, Franklin (8 months old YSGCC) is saying a few things too and trying to learn more each day.

The most precious thing he does is when it's bed time and we turn out the lights, he climbs into his happy hut and whispers to himself..."pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty bird...pretty bird...pretty pretty pretty pretty bird"

Then he dozes off :D (Meanwhile, our cockatiels are all grinding their beaks)

He also says "Hello" but it sounds more like "ello"

And one of our cockatiels names is "Chicken Little" and for some reason both our male tiels and Franklin just LOVE to say "Chicken Little"

When Franklin get's excited he'll belt it out "CHICKEN LITTLE!" "CHICKEN LITTLE!" Ello, CHICKEN LITTLE!"

Franklin also makes the BEST smooching/kiss sound of all the birds and
he's working on "Good boy"

:D Just love the little stinker :rainbow1:

Toni

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I also read all the time that conures aren't known to be good talkers. I guess I'd have to say my male budgies were the best talkers I've had. They seemed to learn an enormous number of words and phrases. But with their little voices, you had to be in the vicinity to hear them. I think both my conures are/were good talkers though. I always thought it was interesting that they both learned to talk from me, but said mostly different things.

My amazon may know more than I've heard so far, but at this time it seems the conures had at least as good of talking ability as he does.

So far I've heard:
Hello
Hello, dear
Wuv you
Wuv you wittle bear (I think)
I love you
Come here
glug, glug, glug one day when I was drinking water. It came out my nose after he said that!
yabba dabba do!
barking, meowing and assorted weird cartoon type noises that make me laugh
A very loud alarm clock type blaring
laughter and he even seems to be altering that to my laugh
He also sings opera
When he's excited he cheers, "Woo!" I now have him doing it when my football team scores. But, last week he started cheering for the wrong team all by himself.

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Parrots
Nice to see that so many of us have conures that ARE talking, because from what I understand, conures aren't known so much for their abilities to talk, however, Franklin (8 months old YSGCC) is saying a few things too and trying to learn more each day.

The most precious thing he does is when it's bed time and we turn out the lights, he climbs into his happy hut and whispers to himself..."pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty bird...pretty bird...pretty pretty pretty pretty bird"

Then he dozes off :D (Meanwhile, our cockatiels are all grinding their beaks)

He also says "Hello" but it sounds more like "ello"

And one of our cockatiels names is "Chicken Little" and for some reason both our male tiels and Franklin just LOVE to say "Chicken Little"

When Franklin get's excited he'll belt it out "CHICKEN LITTLE!" "CHICKEN LITTLE!" Ello, CHICKEN LITTLE!"

Franklin also makes the BEST smooching/kiss sound of all the birds and
he's working on "Good boy"

:D Just love the little stinker :rainbow1:

Toni

AWE!!!! Toni that is SO sweet!!!

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Loco says -

Birdie

Loco

Birdie-Loco

Num num

Biride num num

Good birdie

He's only really started making a lot of noise now, he's about 1.5 years old.

Most Reactions

Latest posts