Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Today was pellets, bountiful harvest, nutriberries, and some banana.

Pepper doesn't like holding "messy" food in her feet, so spoiled lil girl that she is, her momma held tiny bites out and handfed them to her. Pepper holds his in his foot, and takes tiny nibbles.

Tomorrow's menu is pellets, rainforest pudding cookable, almonds, kale, butternut squash, and blueberries.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Hmm...
Bella and Zora tried their first bites of pineapple today, they loved it, hehe. They also ad some apple, and a couple bits of cucumber. Oliver tried some pineapple too, he hated it btw. Downright HATED it, lol. He stepped on it, and threw it everywhere... kinda messy. Anyways, he also ate some apple pieces and some almonds. Of course, they ate their pellets, as always. =)
Edited to add: And some pieces of fig, they loved it. =)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Oh, and some kale and bell peppers. Oliver just shredded the kale. The problem is, Oliver eats yellow, Zora likes red, and bella will only eat them thinly diced. ;) My family calls me a parrot slave. But we all are, right?

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Cosmo and Crackers had broccoli, carrots, orange bell peppers, apples , butternut squash, seeds and pellets.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
The Budgies had their usual seed and had some spray millet. They won't eat anything else.

The conures had their pellets, a few nutri-berries a piece, some dried veggies, Kayak had some dried strawberries and raspberries. Carlisle nibbled at a strawberry before throwing it into my face. I gave it to Kayak lol. Waste not, want not.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
My birds had a mixed salad of cos lettuce, orange, kiwi fruit, carrot, capsicum, passion fruit and apple... and seed mix

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Broccoli, butternut squash, bing cherries, split peas (cooked), carrots, apple, pellets and Higgins yucatan blend seed mix which also has dried vegs and fruit.

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
PELLETS! OH MY GOD PELLETS! It's been three months with me trying to get them to accept them and they have accepted them!

*throws confetti in the air in a hurrah*

(Sorry, very excited :D)

OP
I

Icicis

Jul 8, 2012
Edmonton
Parrots
Icicis-Green Cheek Conure
haha everyone's birds are very spoiled :)

Icicis had apples.broccoli,grapes dried peppers and her pellet/seed mix :)

congratz on the pellets Alisana :)

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
Today was nutriberries, organic beets and cabbage from a local farm. Tonight's dinner will likely be the same, no doubt with some bit of my own dinner begged off me.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
Roudybush pellets and long grain rice with carrots, peas and corn. Probably have some nutriberries later on and I'll offer some watermelon or some other fruit the will ignore;)

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Higgins Yucatan seed mix mixed with Bountiful Harvest, pellets. Apple, peach, orange & watermelon on a skewer. Mash with scrambled eggs, peas, carrots, corn, green beans, fava bean, brussel sprouts, quinoa, and cookable mix from Volkman (mix of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, rice, grains).

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
Well, let's see. First thing in the morning, they each got fresh water and a fresh dish of their own dry mix. Scooter's is mostly Fosters & Smith cockatiel sized seed blend with added Zupreem garden pellets, a bit of dry organic pasta, chile peppers, addtional safflower seed and addtional oat groats. Blanco gets the same seed base but mixed about 50/50 with a combination of Zupreem Fruitblend and Garden pellets. He also has a dish of just pellets to pick at. Scotty's mix is pellet based -- Roudybush, Zupreem Nutblend, Zupreem Natural and he gets a little dried papaya, some pistachios and pasta.

A little later in the morning they get offered fresh food. Today it was a mix of corn, carrots, grapes, blueberries, zucchini and snap peas.

Scotty also gets to forage for about 3 almonds.

Then in the evening they got sprouts. I use a mix from Sprout People of their San Francisco blend, Amber wave of Grain blend and sunflower seed.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Ralph had his usual pellets, a few safflower seeds, some millet, a little quinoa, and a variety of vegetables at breakfast and dinner-- including fresh green peas, corn, cooked green bean, raw kale, broccoli and green pepper. For treats, he got a little plain air-popped popcorn, a sliver of walnut and a tiny piece of cheddar cheese (he only ate half of it-- barely a taste; not in the mood for cheese today, I guess :D).

Ralph, spoiled? Certainly not! ;)

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Bogart help me with dinner which was BBQ rib and some cole slaw and bake beans. He is now sitting on his play gym grinding his beak very contentedly.

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Carrots, Red and green capsicum and apples. and pellet/seed mix too

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
This morning I made the mistake of eating my breakfast with the birds. Normally I leave them to eat theirs and I eat mine in the kitchen. I ended up having to share a decent chunk of my scrambled eggs (I normally share anyway, but it's nice not ending up covered in them) and some cheerios. Carlisle wanted nothing to do with the eggs but was very insistent on the cheerios. He yelled in my ear every time he wanted one. Now they're eating their midmorning veggies and fruits and I'm finding myself a bit on the hungry side... it's lunch time and I'm not sharing! (who am I kidding... I'll end up sharing a little bit of everything with them)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Today mine are having a mixed salad of pasta, sweet potato, orange, corn, cos lettuce, peas and pomegranate topped with chili flakes...

Most Reactions

Latest posts