Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Besides dust bunnies, birds and feathers, what do you guys collect for fun? :D. I am a HUGE (huge huge HUGE) Transformers fan. I have over 300 toys and collectable models in my care. That's excluding the comics, books and other neat things I've found over the years.

I also collect sculptures. My prized possession is a pair of budgies in porcelain that I inherited from my Tante Mary when she passed. I have a picture of me playing with it while in my Great Oma's lap when I was maaaaybe a year old. :) I also have a zillion mini models of macaws and wrens. Being a member of the local parrot club has its perks!

Picture of me and the sculpture with my Great Oma for tax :D.

Great Oma and NL as baby_shine.JPG

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
I collect stones and minerals. I haven't bought new ones very recently, but I have a display case with a ton of different stones.

I also have a collection of little figurines from good will that I find funny. I have described the theme as "figurines of little boys in animal costumes in weird poses" and like, it's genuinely funny to me HOW MANY figurines I've found that match that very specific theme lol.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I collect stones and minerals. I haven't bought new ones very recently, but I have a display case with a ton of different stones.

I also have a collection of little figurines from good will that I find funny. I have described the theme as "figurines of little boys in animal costumes in weird poses" and like, it's genuinely funny to me HOW MANY figurines I've found that match that very specific theme lol.
I collect money, but I'm too lazy and careless to be very good at it. πŸ˜‰

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Currently I'm not really collect anything... just magnets - from each place I am, I bring one
In the past I was collecting bird figurines but it was years ago

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I actually collect models! I love building models! Im a Huge Titanic Historian Ive always had an obsession with Titanic books etc..and Teeko my conure actually loved my Biggest Titanic Model. So much actually That He landed on it like godzilla and knocked it off the shelf into about 1152637 peices. And I also always loved Transformers the armada series I grew up on. Starscream and Blurr. Was the best πŸ‘Œ

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I have a nice big collection of headphones, earplugs, and ear defenders out of necessity for my sensory issues. Other than that, I collect bird information and I also collect food in my stomach.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I collect Audiobooks and to a lesser degree ebooks.
That is if a book is out there that I special want to read and I can’t get In audio format ebook will do.
Mostly it’s collecting audiobooks of books I have read in the past as book book or ebook.
I find it somewhat difficult to listen to a book as a β€œfirst time read-through β€œ if that makes sense.

I also tend to collect documentaries.
Like PBS Nova or Nature shows.
Netflix had lots of good documentaries (IMHO the only good thing about Netflix).

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I collect Audiobooks and to a lesser degree ebooks.
That is if a book is out there that I special want to read and I can’t get In audio format ebook will do.
Mostly it’s collecting audiobooks of books I have read in the past as book book or ebook.
I find it somewhat difficult to listen to a book as a β€œfirst time read-through β€œ if that makes sense.

I also tend to collect documentaries.
Like PBS Nova or Nature shows.
Netflix had lots of good documentaries (IMHO the only good thing about Netflix).
I remember watching a documentary on Netflix about people who poach dolphins..and the ocean filling up with our trash issues as humans...the saddest thing 😒 I wasn't right for weeks.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Flowers. I usually have a decent amount of live ones at any given time, and I have books FILLED with pressed flowers. They come second to parrots on my "random obsession list". I'm 25 and female, and idk how normal this is for my age and gender.

I love flowers.

Last edited:

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hoo boy, I collect a lot.

1. Rocks/crystals
2. Shiny things (my shiniesssss)
3. Blankets (where do you think all the blankets in the house went?)
4. Books
5. Feathers
6. Fox tail taxidermies
7. Little trinkets (metal bottle caps, pendants, pins, pens, glass anything, etc.)
8. Shells
9. Bird cages (kind of)
10. Fun button up shirts! (Think several hawaiian shirts, L4D1 Smoker button up, and a guy fieri shirt)
11. Lip balm
12. Necklaces
13. anything bird related
14. Pencils (those are MY pencils, and no one else can have them. Yes, I snatch up any pencil I see. Am I evil for it? Probably lol)

I have some… interesting collections, to say the least. I really need like a display case for everything, but I don’t have the space πŸ˜’ i want to get into collecting bones and full taxidermies, but sadly that is really expensive and I doubt my mother would be on board with ordering bones for meeee πŸ€ͺ

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
Vintage woodwind instruments. 10 to 20 years ago, you could find all sorts of musical instrument treasures on Ebay for cheap and I was a bit of a hoarder of cheap vintage saxophones, some flutes and clarinets. I probably have 75 ancient, but beautiful instruments in my attic and closets.

I studied as an instrument technician when I was in my 20's and have been restoring all of these 50 to 100 year old instruments one at a time. I'm currently working on a Buescher sopranino saxophone from the 1920's and a 1962 Martin baritone saxophone. With birds, this work is difficult due to the fumes and loud noises of machinery and metal work.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Vintage woodwind instruments. 10 to 20 years ago, you could find all sorts of musical instrument treasures on Ebay for cheap and I was a bit of a hoarder of cheap vintage saxophones, some flutes and clarinets. I probably have 75 ancient, but beautiful instruments in my attic and closets.

I studied as an instrument technician when I was in my 20's and have been restoring all of these 50 to 100 year old instruments one at a time. I'm currently working on a Buescher sopranino saxophone from the 1920's and a 1962 Martin baritone saxophone. With birds, this work is difficult due to the fumes and loud noises of machinery and metal work.
I have a pair of clarinet lamps. One is a Bundy and I can't read the old print on the other one but they must be at least 75 years old.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I collect other peoples collections! I go to garage sales and estate auctions and buy that persons stamp album or bid on this persons collection of pre-1920 clothes pins. Makes for good conversation starts, makes me look very esoteric and I dont have to put all that effort in! You should see my collection of tie-dyed doilies!

WingDing

Nov 13, 2017
Media
Texas
Parrots
Toby - RS Eclectus
Midori - Nanday Conure
I have a pair of clarinet lamps. One is a Bundy and I can't read the old print on the other one but they must be at least 75 years old.
Sometimes the best thing to do with an old student-model clarinet is turn it into a lamp :) You just need to make sure that it is truly worthless (cost more to repair than it is worth).

I bought my favorite Martin alto saxophone that I play regularly as a lamp in a garage sale for $15. Other than having two screws driven through it, it appeared to be in unused condition. Like someone bought a top of the line professional saxophone in 1962, took it out of the case and made a lamp out of it. Crazy. I'm glad I got to rescue it and give it new life.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Sometimes the best thing to do with an old student-model clarinet is turn it into a lamp :) You just need to make sure that it is truly worthless (cost more to repair than it is worth).

I bought my favorite Martin alto saxophone that I play regularly as a lamp in a garage sale for $15. Other than having two screws driven through it, it appeared to be in unused condition. Like someone bought a top of the line professional saxophone in 1962, took it out of the case and made a lamp out of it. Crazy. I'm glad I got to rescue it and give it new life.
These clarinets were definitely old when they were made into lamps. I've had them since 1991 and they looked old then. I don't think they are anything more than discarded student clarinets.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I collect other peoples collections! I go to garage sales and estate auctions and buy that persons stamp album or bid on this persons collection of pre-1920 clothes pins. Makes for good conversation starts, makes me look very esoteric and I dont have to put all that effort in! You should see my collection of tie-dyed doilies!
Collector of Collections!

Most Reactions

Latest posts