May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
I collect minerals, my obsession for almost thirty years.

Attachments

• 20220621_091626.jpg
    20220621_091626.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220621_091347.jpg
    20220621_091347.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 17

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I remember watching a documentary on Netflix about people who poach dolphins..and the ocean filling up with our trash issues as humans...the saddest thing 😒 I wasn't right for weeks.
Me too. And everytime I throw something plastic away I think about part of it ending up inside a marine mammal contributing to a slow painful death. I wish all the excessive disposable plastic packaging on almost everything we buy would be banned.

Ladox

Jan 4, 2022
Australia
Parrots
June, Rose-crowned Conure, 31st October 2019
I have just started to collect exoskeletons of insects (and also deceased insects).. I have two large grasshopper ones and two beetle ones. The second grasshopper looks kind of mangled because my dog caught that one and tried to eat it..
IMG_5809.jpeg
IMG_5810.jpegIMG_5811.jpeg

Other than that I like to collect things for my bird and dogs (eg. Bird toys, different types of food for him to try, dog toys ect.). I also like β€œcollectingβ€œ different species of birds, i like to feed the native birds and watch them. I have a few pied butcher birds and noisy miners that eat out of my hand as well as a magpie. its just been pied butcherbirds, noisey miners and magpies coming down for a while now but a few days ago a currawong came down (however he was chased off by the others as soon as I tried to feed him something) was very cool though!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
I almost started a meteorite collection but my only one fell behind a year ago and still sits there today:)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
COOL THREAD, Vamp! LOVE IT!!!
I collect bird-themed/design WINE CORKS! Yes... it can involve a bird logo or a bird named in the winery... anything bird-y. I've been collecting for most of my adult life and have over 200 from all over the world. I have laboriously catalogued and researched them!
I have ruined many an international telemeeting or social occasion by shamelessly inquiring if anybody has a bird-related cork, and then begging that it be sent to me! At a recent dinner party I noticed that a Ravenswood vintage was being served, and I had to sneak into the kitchen garbage to grab the cork. I thought my ol' man was gonna try to drive home without me.
Here's a little sample of some of my stash.
The Ravenswood photo shows (in white boxes) the years I'm missing.
Ravenswood Series.jpg
Whole Collection as of 6-2021.jpg

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I will update: I collect bird posters. I have a whole wall of bird posters in the bird room. It is very cool, and includes stuff like migration patterns, bird species, cool photos, and 2 posters of my current 3 birds.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

Most Reactions

Latest posts