what do you feed your birds?

marsie

Apr 2, 2023
Parrots
green cheek conure (1), budgies (3)
i want to maybe spice up my birds' food because i get sick of eating the same things every day, so i feel like they probably do to
(for context i have a gcc and budgies)
i feed them harrison's pellets daily, gcc has fine and budgies have super fine
they all get chop every morning which has spinach, carrots, sugar snap peas, baby bell peppers, cucumbers, quinoa, brown basmati rice, chia seeds, and oats
for treats they usually get millet since they are all kinda picky and love millet.
what do you feed your birds though? suggestions are very welcome!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Jesus, I have like 6 types of pellets of seed available and give them broccoli, carrots, and califllour. apples and peppers as well, I think you are doing good. They steal meat at times but all parrots are oppurnistic eaters, and it's fine. If it's ok for you (and healthy) it's ok for them.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
i want to maybe spice up my birds' food because i get sick of eating the same things every day, so i feel like they probably do to
(for context i have a gcc and budgies)
i feed them harrison's pellets daily, gcc has fine and budgies have super fine
they all get chop every morning which has spinach, carrots, sugar snap peas, baby bell peppers, cucumbers, quinoa, brown basmati rice, chia seeds, and oats
for treats they usually get millet since they are all kinda picky and love millet.
what do you feed your birds though? suggestions are very welcome!
It sounds like you are already feeding them a perfect amazing diet! I would just add some scrambled eggs a few times a week for healthy protein. My budgie LOVES it.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Since we canā€™t afford chop, we feed what we can. He recently started eating dandelion, he likes lettuce, apple, carrot, dried blueberries, mashed banana, and he kind of likes dried spinach.

For seeds, I feed Sweet Harvest or Witte Molen since those are high quality seeds.

Pellets? He likes Harrisonā€™s but we canā€™t afford it but he also eats Psittacus but will be moved onto Pretty Bird since itā€™s more nutritious than Psittacus (Psittacus is essentially just oats and wheat with vitamins)

Most Reactions

Latest posts