what does everyone use for play stands

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Very creative! Sweet play-tower, CraZbirdlady. Thanks for sharing.

KeroRocks

Feb 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Parrots
Sheldon-M- GCC |
Cooper -F--Yellow sided GCC | Dori -F- Blue Quaker | Marley -M- Sun Conure | Kero -M- Hahn's Macaw | Sam-M- CAG
|Yara -F- RFM | Boo -F- Red Rump parakeet
@anansi Yes, you have the size correct. I have no idea if they ship but I would think the shipping would negate any savings from the sale.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
@anansi Yes, you have the size correct. I have no idea if they ship but I would think the shipping would negate any savings from the sale.

Point! Lol! Though my wife's surgically precise questions about where exactly we would put such a stand at this time rendered the entire exercise moot. Smh.

Guess I'd better get to work clearing out the basement. Lol!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Stephen, there is always room! Do you really need a couch?
:):):)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
I certainly would if I ever suggested that! Lol!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I am thinking about building a temporary play stand for my B&G while I look / save for a better stand. Would like to get a good one now but between the cage, toys, vet and rescue of Tweety Bird I am already a little strapped.

Does anyone have a favorite place to order good stands? Any advice on the type of stands that are best for these big guys?

thanks,
-Steve
:blue1:

Hey Steve, i make play stand from dragonwood . The problem is it cost so much to ship them, more than the stand itself. If you can find old floor lamps at yardsales i can ship you some branches to attach to it. PM me if you need some dragon wood.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My HUGE stands are made from PVC. But I also have several large portable manzanita playstands.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I am thinking about building a temporary play stand for my B&G while I look / save for a better stand. Would like to get a good one now but between the cage, toys, vet and rescue of Tweety Bird I am already a little strapped.

Does anyone have a favorite place to order good stands? Any advice on the type of stands that are best for these big guys?

thanks,
-Steve

Hey Steve, i make play stand from dragonwood . The problem is it cost so much to ship them, more than the stand itself. If you can find old floor lamps at yardsales i can ship you some branches to attach to it. PM me if you need some dragon wood.

Hey Steve, I've got some pretty stuff (large dragonwood), do the forum search for dragonwood and check out some of the pics i posted. I have a lot of nice macaw size stuff.( diameter of a soda can and larger)
Here's a link http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yourself/35580-dragon-wood-perches.html

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

thanks,
-Steve

Hey Steve, I've got some pretty stuff (large dragonwood), do the forum search for dragonwood and check out some of the pics i posted. I have a lot of nice macaw size stuff.( diameter of a soda can and larger)
Here's a link http://www.parrotforums.com/do-yourself/35580-dragon-wood-perches.html

I can SO vouch for Capt's (henpecked) dragonwood perches! They are THE BEST!!! :D :D

OP
S

sbrenton

Feb 10, 2014
MA
Parrots
3yo B&G Macaw named Tweety Bird
Here is the stand I made from PVC. It gives hime a water and food bowl, ladder and some toys.

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_204700.jpg
    IMG_20140213_204700.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 95

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Sweet! A tabletop gym! Now you've all gone and gotten my wheels spinning! Lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts