What does it mean when my Quaker screeches

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
I tried to put a video of my Quaker but the file says it to large even when I put it small, I have a feeling that he is scared. He does this whenever he see lights, whenever we are not there and sometimes whenever we are there. But my mom just likes to pick him up whenever and I donā€™t know if thatā€™s ok because he sometimes wants to run away from her and only lets her pick her up sometimes. I want to earn his trust but I donā€™t know how to earn his trust without my mom wanting to break it, do you have any advice? Thank you for your response!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You can post larger videos here by posting them first to an external platform like YouTube, and then linking them from there to the forum. Here's a tutorial that might help you if you'd like to give it a try ...

Hope this helps :)

OP
QuakerCosmo

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
You can post larger videos here by posting them first to an external platform like YouTube, and then linking them from there to the forum. Here's a tutorial that might help you if you'd like to give it a try ...

Hope this helps :)
Cosmo screaming < thatā€™s him screaming in the link

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
This is the sound my Quaker makes when he sees something scary. Your bird seems to be looking behind him. Is there something there that could be scaring him?

OP
QuakerCosmo

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
I donā€™t know what it can be, it can be the toy thats behind him, or the rain maybe sometimes whenever that happens, or maybe he is not used to the cage still and he is having a reaction from it.

OP
QuakerCosmo

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
This is the sound my Quaker makes when he sees something scary. Your bird seems to be looking behind him. Is there something there that could be scaring him?
And he does that sometimes when we arenā€™t there in the room with him as well. So Iā€™m concerned about him.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
He's fine quakers just get tempermental. Mine makes all sorts of noises. That's usually what I interpret as, your touching my stuff noise. OR the why am I in the cage noise. Either or.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
And he does that sometimes when we arenā€™t there in the room with him as well. So Iā€™m concerned about him.
Can he see out a window at all? Seeing scary stuff outside the window can set off my bird.

OP
QuakerCosmo

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
Can he see out a window at all? Seeing scary stuff outside the window can set off my bird.
My window is closed all the time, so it shouldnā€™t be bothering him at all, so it doesnā€™t make sense why he is like that.

OP
QuakerCosmo

QuakerCosmo

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
Cosmo the Quaker
He's fine quakers just get tempermental. Mine makes all sorts of noises. That's usually what I interpret as, your touching my stuff noise. OR the why am I in the cage noise. Either or.
So he can get like that because he is temperamental? That can make more sense in a way, I would be thinking he would be scared though because he is not used to us since we got him over 10 days ago.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Birds are all different and we have to figure out each individualā€™s likes and dislikes! Some peopleā€™s birds even dislike certain colors ( mine gets upset when I wear a sweatshirt I have with penguins on it!). Do your best to read your Quakerā€™s body language. It might take a little time but you will eventually figure out how to understand him better šŸ™‚.

Most Reactions

Latest posts