OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
[ame="https://youtu.be/e7CHprVz4BE"]Female Vosmaeri Eclectus Parrot (Bella) mealtime mess - YouTube[/ame]
"Do I have a little on my beak Dexter?"

[ame="https://youtu.be/Dq79cYmNa0A"]Male Red Sided Eclectus Parrot (Dexter) brushing his beak - YouTube[/ame]
"I think you need to learn to brush Bella..."

Last edited:
OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
It's a hot sunny day :smile023:

So the guys are having a fruit salad of sorts...

Why didn't I make one for me???

The 'Flavour Beak' for this meal...
Carrot
Porridge
Sesame Seeds
Coconut
Pomegranate
Red Currents
Black Currents
Raspberries
Blackberries
Kiwi
Banana

Dexter was straight into the berries!

Bella tossed out the Banana and Kiwi...
She hadn't made it to the berries at this point!

Last edited:

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
This is my first entry so here it goes. This picture is a little older but i love it. My mashed is still the same today. Apple, Orange, banana, blackberries, bok choy, broccoli, cooked sweet potatoes, carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, zuch, squash, green beans, avi cake, and ground up pellets.

Last edited:
OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
This is my first entry so here it goes. This picture is a little older but i love it. My mashed is still the same today. Apple, Orange, banana, blackberries, bok choy, broccoli, cooked sweet potatoes, carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, zuch, squash, green beans, avi cake, and ground up pellets.
Sounds like a super mixture Billdore!

I'm guessing it is popular, based on the size of the blob on and around the beak of your grey!

Thanks for joining in :)

I appreciate all the 'Flavour Beak' photos submitted.

The idea is having a fun visual way to learn about what eachother are feeding our fids and hopefully inspire others to try new recipes and combos!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Cooked Butternut Squash 'Flavour Beak' (with a smidge of coconut oil)

... though it's more of a 'Butternut Beard'!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Just realised it's been a long time since I posted a 'Flavour Beak' photo

So here Gerry with a Banana 'Flavour Beak'

Though again... It's quite beard-like. So more of a 'Banana Beard'!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Pellet!

7z5T6I6.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Green bell pepper, carrot, kiwi, dandelion, dragonfruit, and yellow squash flavored oatmeal, if I recall correctly.
LtfdYGl.jpg

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I had an awesome picture just like those, I'll have to find it, but now-a-days mostly tastes like pizza or cheese burgers....

wait here it is

Back when he was sweet...:gcc:

Attachments

• GEDC0082.jpg
    GEDC0082.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 75

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Green bell pepper, carrot, kiwi, dandelion, dragonfruit, and yellow squash flavored oatmeal, if I recall correctly.
LtfdYGl.jpg

That look... OK, my beak is ready for cleaning and polishing!!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
LtfdYGl.jpg
Mayas got some good ol' Flavour Beak action going on there!! It never ceases to amaze me just how smothered in food they get :D Yet she somehow manages to remain classy looking!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
I had an awesome picture just like those, I'll have to find it, but now-a-days mostly tastes like pizza or cheese burgers....

wait here it is

Back when he was sweet...:gcc:
Looks like an interesting Flavour buffet! He's such cutie - still is! Thanks for sharing :D

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
The 'Flavour Beak' for this meal...
Kiwi, banana, chamomile flowers, peas, parsley, cabbage, sweet peppers, cilantro, sweetcorn, basil, chili peppers, carrot flakes, pumpkin flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds.

Dexter

Bella

Gerry

Gerry particularly loved this meal... as you can see above!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hahahaha! Yeah, Gerry really went IN! That's an endorsement if ever I've seen one.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Patches' beak flavor of the morning is:

Quinoa
Peas
Broccoli
Red pepper
Egg with shell
Red grape
Mango
Carrot
Must be something else, but I loose track lol.

Not too messy, but as a general rule, he rubs and cleans the beak after every few bites. He's very particular about that gorgeous beak! Usually it's the grains that stick and build up some as he power feeds on them.
077d03876502b59adc68d1aff563e946.jpg

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Patches' beak flavor of the morning is:

Quinoa
Peas
Broccoli
Red pepper
Egg with shell
Red grape
Mango
Carrot
Must be something else, but I loose track lol.

Not too messy, but as a general rule, he rubs and cleans the beak after every few bites. He's very particular about that gorgeous beak! Usually it's the grains that stick and build up some as he power feeds on them.
077d03876502b59adc68d1aff563e946.jpg
Wow, what a feast! Patches definitely looks like he's enjoying his meal! It's always interesting to see what flavours other beaks are :) Thanks for sharing

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
We just heated up some Goldenfeast Bonita Loco food in warm water for Arika's evening meal.
What's on her beak? It says over 40 ingredients, too many to list LOL !

Usually, she gets her cooked food on her "beard" and we have to get it off with a wet paper towel but tonight she really dove in and got it all over her beak.

While taking a break from her evening meal, she was hanging out on her long stringy toy and the bars. So I took the opportunity to snap this as she was trying to bite my cellphone.
She takes forever to eat and she makes a mess but we love every minute of it :)

wakawaka-albums-food-picture20023-arika-dirty-beak.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions