Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Venus is housed in Husband's office and he's been there watching football all afternoon. I made charro beans and he grilled chicken, made his plate and took it in his office. He called me and said Venus was acting funny. She was eyeballing his plate! I told him she wanted his food and that she had been hand fed so she knows what's plates and bowls are and what's in them. So I told him he could give her some beans but just the beans, he opens the cage to give her a bean and he wanted a dish to give her her own beans so I go to the kitchen to get one. I didn't make to the kitchen, I heard a panicked yell/scream so I run back to the office and busted out laughing. Venus had come out of the cage, crossed the little side table, crawled on his shoulder, went around his head, down his chest and had her face buried in the bowl of beans he was eating. He was frozen in his chair holding the cup and Venus was eating his beans. I asked what was wrong and he said she ran like a blur and he thought she was going to bite him. I told him she's fine but get her out of the bowl she can't eat the tomatoes or onions in the beans. We got a bowl of beans (purple hulls) only and she was happy. Husband didn't understand why she did this and I explained what hand fed entailed, but oh how I wish I had a picture of that. And poor Husband, Buddy has him terrorized, lol!

Most Reactions

Latest posts