What happens when a toddler meets Fargo?

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Do you want to come over a teach Wesley a thing or two.:)
I'd love to have a good "bird person" locally to help me teach my galah things. That'd be great.
�� I AM NOT A CHICKEN, SIR! HAHAHHAHA
Just watched again, and after Josh is saying **** a doodle do, Fargo "corrects" him by starting up with "hello!" and doing a little dance.

EDIT: hahaha autocensored out. The sound the rooster makes....

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh, how I wish I could get Simba to be like Fargo! I'd love to have my grandkids be able to feed him treats. You've done really well with him. He's a great bird.
And you take great pictures. You're a beautiful young lady. :)

Hahaha i think Simba mustn't be as easily bribed as Fargo is... Anyone has nuts? They are Fargo's best friend ;) Makes it easy for training considering he is so food motivated!

Thank you!! :eek:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Those videos of Nicholas are the cutest thing ever! He will always remember this, and i bet he will be a bird lover just like you:)

THANK YOU for the pics of yourself!! You are gorgeous! If I looked like you I would have my pics plastered everywhere, my friend:)

I hope so!! He seems to like the animals, he is very quiet, but he always loves seeing the dogs and the cows and horses.. So at least he has that interest! :)

HAHA You're welcome!! :p Oh i am probably the only girl that doesn't like taking pictures of herself :rolleyes:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That's a great video thanks for sharing it. I love Nicholas's laugh and Fargo was so good with him. You have done a great job with him. Do you want to come over a teach Wesley a thing or two.:)

Thank you! :)

I am not entirely sure why Nicholas laughed so much, maybe because animals don't normally talk!! :p

Hahaha I would be glad to teach Wesley!! Awesome name by the way ;)

My mum's dog is called Wesley.. I named him after buffy the vampire slayer and angel, the slayer guardian guy was called Wesley! ;)

i think i should set up a school for birds.. They can all come on a holiday to Australia :09:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
TABITTHHHHAAA!!!!!! Look at your beautiful face!!!! And your dress!!!! You're gorgeous!!!!

LOVED the videos of little Nicholas and Fargo!! His laugh is so infectious! I thought it was funny when your brother says "what sound does a chicken make? Cluck cluck cluck" and the look on fargo's face is like really?? 😐 I AM NOT A CHICKEN, SIR! HAHAHHAHA

Hahah i tried to get a full picture of the dress, but the lighting sucked and couldn't see it :/

It was all white and lace plaiting kinda thing around the ribs!

HAHAHAHA

Funny thing is.. Josh is a lawyer... So mean and grumpy ;)
But when he is with Nicholas, he does that baby funny talking voice? :p

Poor Fargo, he is a very pretty chicken :rolleyes:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That was the cutest most amazing and touching video Tab
Nicholas' face was priceless not to mention his contagious laugh
Fargo sure enjoyed the company and the treats.

When playing the video, Mishka was sitting close by and just began whistling and talking 10 to a dozen I know he enjoyed it as well.

Thank you so much for sharing and bringing smiles to everyone.

Thank you Ant!! :)

I honestly couldn't believe Nicholas's reaction... He just loved it! :p

Hahaha good to hear Mishka loved it too :D I am sure Mishka knows what sound a rooster makes too.. and he can do animal sounds.. My brother would think Mishka was incredible with all the things he can say!!

:)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you everyone for your lovely words!! I am so glad you all enjoyed the video.. I am lucky i have the camera with me at all times ;) hahaha

I was out at a showjumping competition with Kyros today, so just got home! :)

I swear, if i had a dollar for everytime someone came up to me and commented on how beautiful Kyros was, i would be a millionaire... :eek:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Our third ever showjumping competition, and we got 5th out of about 15-20 people :eek:

Couldn't believe it.. We had a clear, fast round, except for ONE refusal.. :( Because it was the scary fence ;) The person who got fourth knocked down a pole..

But knocking a pole beats a dodging of the jump!

But he had gone clear he probably would of come second with his time!! :)

Then we got 4th in the baby jumps (40cm) he just steps over them haha

and we ended up going up to the 85cm round :eek: Biggest we have ever done at a comp.. and he was so great.. I knew we would have refusals, because of the double jumps, we are still working on our striding in between.. I think we had 3-4 refusals over the whole course of 14 jumps... It was just the same 2 jumps, he refused them twice cause they were scary :p Mostly my fault, i wasn't leaning back and pushing him on!

But third ever comp, i am so proud of how well he is doing.. This is the 5th time we have ever seen a showjumping course, so i knew he would be a bit worried with the big jumps.. But he also never knocks the poles! :D

We have lots of pics, so i will post some pics later! :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Can I say AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fargo is sooooooo good with children!!!! That's just way too cute!!! Thanks for sharing that Tab!!! It brought a smile to my face. :)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
We have lots of pics, so i will post some pics later! :)
Yes please! Well done. You'd think they'd get to a level where they just "do it", but even at the Olympics you get the "nuh-uhs". It's what I like about equestrian, it's 2 competitors really, a team, horse and person.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I was out at a showjumping competition with Kyros today, so just got home! :)

I swear, if i had a dollar for everytime someone came up to me and commented on how beautiful Kyros was, i would be a millionaire... :eek:

We need pictures!!! I'm lucky enough to have had an AWESOME preview. Both you and Kyros did PHENOMENALLY today!!! :smile015:

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Your nephew has a contagious laugh. Watching the video of Fargo and Nicholas was a great way to start the day. Thanks Tab!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Great video and great Macaw! Fargo is beautiful and I love watching him.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha thanks guys!! :D

Fargo was getting scritches before bedtime last night! He has a few pin feathers on his head, and i accidentally hurt one!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N98ZVAOKipQ&feature=youtu.be"]Fargo getting scritches before bedtime! - YouTube[/ame]

Got some cute pictures of him playing with a toy on his back this morning too.. :)

Will upload them tonight, it just takes me a while to upload pictures and paste them all into a post, and i am just learning about the nervous system at the moment, i am behind on last weeks lectures, so need to get this all finished today! :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm having massive Fargo withdrawals here, Tab. Can you help me out? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would LOVE to see pics, videos or hear stories about FF (Famous Fargo). :D

Pretty pretty please??? With lots of sugar on top??? :54:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahahaha :rolleyes:

I have been so busy the past few days, just trying to get my chemistry done tonight and tomorrow morning so i can do my online test tomorrow!

Then have to do health science test..

and thennnnn i need to start the paramedic assignment which is due friday..

Chemistry just takes forever to get through so the weekends drag me behind :31:

I will try and get some pics and videos of mister fargo in the next few days!!! :)

He was actually sitting with mum this morning on her belly whilst she was in bed :09:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: Ya know, EACH and every time you mention chemistry I cringe. I see all these formulas in my head along with question marks. :54:

SO proud of you, Sweetie for pulling this through. You will, undoubtedly, be a phenomenal paramedic. :D

No pressure from me here...whenever you find some time. :)

We miss you SOOOO much. :eek:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh wait, i did get these pics the other day when he was playing with his toy on my lap :p Easily amused hahaha

Most Reactions

Latest posts