Meet Bat tech lucifer budgie

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
Found an amazing breeder and met this little one last week, going to pick him up today I can’t wait 😍 he is 11 weeks old and I think a boy will get some better pictures one home and settled abit. Got another cage (3 now…room for more budgies 🀣) as a quarantine sort of thing. How close do I put them to start friendship talks? Right next to each other or just in the same room? I’m so excited this morning 😁

Attachments

• C61CF3E1-DE5F-437A-8C97-16A50C097F0D.jpeg
    C61CF3E1-DE5F-437A-8C97-16A50C097F0D.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 36
OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
Bat is home and I think she is definitely a little girly. She is so beautiful and also tiny compared to Wolfy but I love her 😍 Plastic perches are already gone and she has had a nibble on some millet. I have put her within eye sight of Wolfy and every time she moves he flies about like crazy but then he settles down and stares at her. Hopefully the start of a beautiful friendship.

Attachments

• 3AE8A416-514B-4DF6-B72E-E5BAE4A3FBE7.jpeg
    3AE8A416-514B-4DF6-B72E-E5BAE4A3FBE7.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 18

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Bat is home and I think she is definitely a little girly. She is so beautiful and also tiny compared to Wolfy but I love her 😍 Plastic perches are already gone and she has had a nibble on some millet. I have put her within eye sight of Wolfy and every time she moves he flies about like crazy but then he settles down and stares at her. Hopefully the start of a beautiful friendship.
Looks like a pretty little girl to me, too and about 12 weeks old, maybe 14 weeks. Is she tame at all?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwwwwwwww, Bat is beautiful!😍 Congratulations on your pretty new flock member, @Wolverine, I'm very happy for you and Wolfy both!

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
Looks like a pretty little girl to me, too and about 12 weeks old, maybe 14 weeks. Is she tame at all?
She was 11 weeks last week so would be 12 weeks now, not tame but definitely curious. She spent most of the day at the bottom of the cage but I know that can be normal. Wolfy was not as flappy as she is but I know he was already hand tame.

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
Awwwwwwwwwww, Bat is beautiful!😍 Congratulations on your pretty new flock member, @Wolverine, I'm very happy for you and Wolfy both!
I moved the cages closer this morning and she has got off the cage floor and is sitting as close to him as possible and is calling to him. Soon as I know she is all healthy they can hopefully start getting out together. I can tell he is interested, he cage is a bit smaller than his and he came down from his favourite perch to see her this morning. She is like a little dot next to him though 🀣

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I moved the cages closer this morning and she has got off the cage floor and is sitting as close to him as possible and is calling to him. Soon as I know she is all healthy they can hopefully start getting out together. I can tell he is interested, he cage is a bit smaller than his and he came down from his favourite perch to see her this morning. She is like a little dot next to him though 🀣
Are you prepared for baby budgies down the line? If not, how do you plan to discourage them from breeding? Healthy budgies are prolific breeders and your girl will be sexually mature at about six months (but you shouldn't breed a female until she's at least a year old) and Wolfy is already mature. Budgies can try to breed even without a nest-box. Even without mating, a female can lay infertile eggs if she's in breeding condition, which means mature, healthy and well-fed, with a light to deep brown cere. An experienced mature female breeder will generally stop laying eggs if her nest box is taken away, but if an inexperienced female without a nest box starts laying eggs in her food dish or on the cage floor it can be difficult to stop her.
Breeding budgies can be a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work and then you have to find good homes for all the kids or you will soon be overrun with budgies. And they will make more budgies, etc.

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
Are you prepared for baby budgies down the line? If not, how do you plan to discourage them from breeding? Healthy budgies are prolific breeders and your girl will be sexually mature at about six months (but you shouldn't breed a female until she's at least a year old) and Wolfy is already mature. Budgies can try to breed even without a nest-box. Even without mating, a female can lay infertile eggs if she's in breeding condition, which means mature, healthy and well-fed, with a light to deep brown cere. An experienced mature female breeder will generally stop laying eggs if her nest box is taken away, but if an inexperienced female without a nest box starts laying eggs in her food dish or on the cage floor it can be difficult to stop her.
Breeding budgies can be a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work and then you have to find good homes for all the kids or you will soon be overrun with budgies. And they will make more budgies, etc.
I won’t be breeding them, I’m keeping them separate definitely until she is hand tame. I have read up how to discourage breeding behaviour so limit daylight hours, no flat perches, no dark corners ect. Limit stimulating behaviour, I also have other cages to separate them if need be. I also have been reading about hormonal injections/implants which I would consider if she needed. I love baby’s when they aren’t my own brood 🀣 all my animals are neutered, except for the ferrets as it can cause adrenal disease so my male is vesectomised so he can bring my female out of season without babies, babies in bulk are too much hard work πŸ˜…

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I won’t be breeding them, I’m keeping them separate definitely until she is hand tame. I have read up how to discourage breeding behaviour so limit daylight hours, no flat perches, no dark corners ect. Limit stimulating behaviour, I also have other cages to separate them if need be. I also have been reading about hormonal injections/implants which I would consider if she needed. I love baby’s when they aren’t my own brood 🀣 all my animals are neutered, except for the ferrets as it can cause adrenal disease so my male is vesectomised so he can bring my female out of season without babies, babies in bulk are too much hard work πŸ˜…
I'm happy to hear that you've done your research! The world doesn't need any more budgies.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Congrats! Bat is so pretty and sounds like she is settling in very well! :love:

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
I'm happy to hear that you've done your research! The world doesn't need any more budgies.
I was on the internet for a couple of weeks before getting Wolfy, I like to know what I am getting myself into before making the commitment. I was very much hoping that she was a boy but we had already fell for her she had to come home with us. Can definitely tell that the different types are definitely different though. She is more vocal and more active. He is actually really lazy compared to her 🀣 maybe the age difference too but she is already doing acrobats on her swing and eating millet.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I was on the internet for a couple of weeks before getting Wolfy, I like to know what I am getting myself into before making the commitment. I was very much hoping that she was a boy but we had already fell for her she had to come home with us. Can definitely tell that the different types are definitely different though. She is more vocal and more active. He is actually really lazy compared to her 🀣 maybe the age difference too but she is already doing acrobats on her swing and eating millet.
He's a pure English Budgie and she doesn't appear to be because she's so small. English budgies are bred to be calm and docile so they sit quietly while being judged at shows. I have an English show female who is very docile (not tame) and doesn't do anything but sit there unless she's breeding. She's a lazy perch potato compared to my other budgies.
Your female will probably always be much more hyperactive than Wolfy but also more entertaining.

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
He's a pure English Budgie and she doesn't appear to be because she's so small. English budgies are bred to be calm and docile so they sit quietly while being judged at shows. I have an English show female who is very docile (not tame) and doesn't do anything but sit there unless she's breeding. She's a lazy perch potato compared to my other budgies.
Your female will probably always be much more hyperactive than Wolfy but also more entertaining.
I have never seen him play with any toys except swing on his swing so definitely a full couch potato. I went for an Aussie/pet type this time, she is very entertaining and very vocal I love her ❀️

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have never seen him play with any toys except swing on his swing so definitely a full couch potato. I went for an Aussie/pet type this time, she is very entertaining and very vocal I love her ❀️
My half English girl Rocky (the daughter of my Perch Potato English) is so active, curious, playful, and friendly that it's almost tiring.

Most Reactions

Latest posts