What is a song that means something to you?

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
I wanna know a song that truly helped you. And means something to you. That you can listen to over and over and it never gets old. I'll go first this is mine I'm from the country so I listen to alot of country music..but its by Montgomery gentry called something to be proud of. It helped me learn what life and love was really about. And taught me to be better person.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Okay, this is frivolous and AN OLDIE, too, but... this was popular when I got the Rickeybird (1984-ish)...
It reminded me of him. To this day, it makes me smile, and think of...
Love, romance, fun, energy, dancing, smiles from strangers...

OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Okay, this is frivolous and AN OLDIE, too, but... this was popular when I got the Rickeybird (1984-ish)...
It reminded me of him. To this day, it makes me smile, and think of...
Love, romance, fun, energy, dancing, smiles from strangers...
Absolutely a good song! My father in law loves this song too!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Ah, I have too many!!! But one I’ve loved since 2018 is Outrunning Karma by Alec Benjamin.

I literally love an entire black metal album, which has helped me in my weight loss progress this year. It’s the Engram album by Beherit! It just makes me feel so energetic and motivated and happy! Such a cool albummmm

Chamber of Reflection by Mac DeMarco is one that I listen to occasionally. Usually I put it on when I’m feeling down or I just want to feel like I’m leaving my body. It’s a good one to listen to at night… has a nostalgic sound to it.

Salad Days by Mac DeMarco is another good one. It is one I usually sing when I’m feeling good but not motivated to bike. It’s a good one for road trips!

Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is now just my go-to vocal stim. (Vocal Stimming for those who don’t know:) and let me tell you, I annoy myself with this song. Do I still absolutely love the song though? Yes! It’s just so catchy and hard not to sing!

That’s about it lol I have too many songs that I enjoy 🫠

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
At the risk of bringing down the mood - well @TeekoGreenCheek you did ask the question.

I am a notorious ABBA nut, but this song by Agnetha Fältskog on her own has been a favourite of mine for a long time. It's a beautiful song about how love transcends time, space, distance, even death, it took on even greater significance after I lost my Lilly Pilly in January of 2022, and it became "her" song. A few lines of the lyrics, "Do you know that I love you, do you know it for sure? Do you know that I keep you in my heart forever more?" appear on Lilly's pic in my signature. This song helped me get through losing her, even though it still makes me cry whenever I hear it. But because of this song I know my girlie is always with me 💖

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Pink Floyd Comfortably numb.

I can’t really put into words how moving this song is.
the lyrics and the story it tells are in a way my own story.
“When I was a child I had a fever”.
I had Encephalitis when I was 5 years old with hallucinations .
monsters coming at me.
kept in isolation In the hospital..

in some way I can’t explain I have spent a good deal of time….. chasing that feeling.

”you would not understand, this is not how I am”.

This link is perhaps for mature audience but it’s the best video depiction of the song.

OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
At the risk of bringing down the mood - well @TeekoGreenCheek you did ask the question.

I am a notorious ABBA nut, but this song by Agnetha Fältskog on her own has been a favourite of mine for a long time. It's a beautiful song about how love transcends time, space, distance, even death, it took on even greater significance after I lost my Lilly Pilly in January of 2022, and it became "her" song. A few lines of the lyrics, "Do you know that I love you, do you know it for sure? Do you know that I keep you in my heart forever more?" appear on Lilly's pic in my signature. This song helped me get through losing her, even though it still makes me cry whenever I hear it. But because of this song I know my girlie is always with me 💖

That's so sad! But beautiful

OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Pink Floyd Comfortably numb.

I can’t really put into words how moving this song is.
the lyrics and the story it tells are in a way my own story.
“When I was a child I had a fever”.
I had Encephalitis when I was 5 years old with hallucinations .
monsters coming at me.
kept in isolation In the hospital..

in some way I can’t explain I have spent a good deal of time….. chasing that feeling.

”you would not understand, this is not how I am”.

This link is perhaps for mature audience but it’s the best video depiction of the song.

Absolutely love Pink Floyd. A friend I lost a couple years ago..by a bad path he took in life.. we use to listen to that album all the time..such a great song

OP
TeekoGreenCheek

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
Ah, I have too many!!! But one I’ve loved since 2018 is Outrunning Karma by Alec Benjamin.

I literally love an entire black metal album, which has helped me in my weight loss progress this year. It’s the Engram album by Beherit! It just makes me feel so energetic and motivated and happy! Such a cool albummmm

Chamber of Reflection by Mac DeMarco is one that I listen to occasionally. Usually I put it on when I’m feeling down or I just want to feel like I’m leaving my body. It’s a good one to listen to at night… has a nostalgic sound to it.

Salad Days by Mac DeMarco is another good one. It is one I usually sing when I’m feeling good but not motivated to bike. It’s a good one for road trips!

Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is now just my go-to vocal stim. (Vocal Stimming for those who don’t know:) and let me tell you, I annoy myself with this song. Do I still absolutely love the song though? Yes! It’s just so catchy and hard not to sing!

That’s about it lol I have too many songs that I enjoy 🫠
Use to play Nirvana so much when i played guitar. There will never be another Cobain.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
That's a cool song! That was a great listen! Loved the art style of the video too.
it checks reallity and love at the same time which is the very reason I love it(im playing the song as im wrighting this;)

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie

I recently discovered this song on the therian side of YouTube and OMG ITS AHSVXHDBSUDBSJRV Its about a domestic house cat running away and living in the wild. It resonates with me so muchhh and seems like the perfect song to listen to when walking through the forest on a summer morning or cool autumn evening!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
So this happened almost 4 years ago.
Last day of work before I retired.
The last day is just reporting in and signing papers.
They let you go after an hour or so but pay a full day.
It mildly pissed me off that I had to come in on day shift (getting up at 3:30 am (long 75 mile drive one way)).
Anyway driving home in the daylight was surreal and……
Just as I was driving into my neighborhood what song could possibly come up and be more appropriate.

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)
I wanna know a song that truly helped you. And means something to you. That you can listen to over and over and it never gets old. I'll go first this is mine I'm from the country so I listen to alot of country music..but its by Montgomery gentry called something to be proud of. It helped me learn what life and love was really about. And taught me to be better person.
When I was in the navy... the ship I was on played "here comes the sun" by the Beatles as revelly ... now every morning I play it for my flock when I wake them up and feed them breakfast...

Most Reactions

Latest posts