Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Jazz is constantly strutting around and.clicking his beak on stuff and doing a weird head tilt. Always when he's with the other birds outside of his cage. At least he looks content doing it lol. Other male tiels do this? This pretty typical of a tiel?

[ame="https://youtu.be/QUrKVN_V__0"]https://youtu.be/QUrKVN_V__0[/ame]

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Looks like he's just trying to be cautious of having 3 conures around him. Cute! Happy and content looking! Baby will make the clicking sounds with his beak too and run his beak along things. I love their little waddles!

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Looks like he's just trying to be cautious of having 3 conures around him. Cute! Happy and content looking! Baby will make the clicking sounds with his beak too and run his beak along things. I love their little waddles!

You think he is just being cautious of them? I mean, he has always had to share playtime with them, and he lives with my nanday in the same cage. I think it's cute, he clicks and drags his beak on everything lol.

You see the head tilt thing I was talking about right? He does that a LOT. He likes our feet and tilts his head up and down and sideways and talks to our toes like they are other parrots. He will rub his beak on them too which I almost never see him do anywhere else. He's just in his own world I guess lol. Thanks for the reply. I love your avatar lol the close up of your tiel is beautiful!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Lol Cheddar looks just as puffy and doofy as my Finley.

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel

You think he is just being cautious of them? I mean, he has always had to share playtime with them, and he lives with my nanday in the same cage. I think it's cute, he clicks and drags his beak on everything lol.

You see the head tilt thing I was talking about right? He does that a LOT. He likes our feet and tilts his head up and down and sideways and talks to our toes like they are other parrots. He will rub his beak on them too which I almost never see him do anywhere else. He's just in his own world I guess lol. Thanks for the reply. I love your avatar lol the close up of your tiel is beautiful!

Thanks. :D Jazz is a cutie!

I see that he gets along well with them! He's just being funny and cute. Sometimes the looking up Baby does and it's just movements that he looks at. Baby loves feet too, I think he has a foot fetish. LOL. I have a video of him whistling to my feet.

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Haha yes cheddar is the biggest dope. Sometimes I get annoyed with him cause he wants to be in my neck all the time so I will pick him up, he makes a doofis squawk of disappointment, I set him on the armrest of the chair and he just bobs his head slowly looking around like "umm.. soo... what now?" I love seeing him every day he is always so happy to see me, eager to step up. He allows any form of contact, I can scratch his belly and butt and feathers and under his wings and head and neck and wings and feet and I know I know its not good for hormones, hes still young and I haven't seen any hormonal behavior but I just love giving him attention. ok so that got off subject...

ha tiels love feet apparently lol. I have a video of him singing to our feet too! Sometimes he talks to them, "whatcha doin" in a scratchy tiel voice. bahahaha I love parrots

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You are so fortunate to have them get along like that!!

I've noticed many of my cockatoos touch and click with their beaks, some of the movements are very "OCD." They are related to tiels!

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies

I've noticed many of my cockatoos touch and click with their beaks, some of the movements are very "OCD." They are related to tiels!

yea, when I watch cockatoo videos I can see the same personality quirks that my tiel has. Especially their eyes. It makes me want a too. I would also describe it as ocd lol. I can picture his thoughts "one, two three" click click click lol

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Haha yes cheddar is the biggest dope. Sometimes I get annoyed with him cause he wants to be in my neck all the time so I will pick him up, he makes a doofis squawk of disappointment, I set him on the armrest of the chair and he just bobs his head slowly looking around like "umm.. soo... what now?" I love seeing him every day he is always so happy to see me, eager to step up. He allows any form of contact, I can scratch his belly and butt and feathers and under his wings and head and neck and wings and feet and I know I know its not good for hormones, hes still young and I haven't seen any hormonal behavior but I just love giving him attention. ok so that got off subject...

ha tiels love feet apparently lol. I have a video of him singing to our feet too! Sometimes he talks to them, "whatcha doin" in a scratchy tiel voice. bahahaha I love parrots
Sounds like Finley! I like to hold his entire body in my hands and ask him "who ordered this black bean and guacamole burrito?! Lol. I think he just walks around going "derp derp derp" and is always surprised when anything happens...not scared or startled but surprised.

Last edited:
OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies

Sounds like Finley! I like to hold his entire body in my hands and ask him "who ordered this black bean and guacamole burrito?! Lol. I think he just walks around going "derp derp derp" and is always surprised bwhen anything happens...not scared or startled but surprised.

Yea! I hold his entire body in my hands too! He just kinda sits in my hand looking at me. I think he prefers it to perching! bahahahaha "derp derp derp" sounds about right! maybe they are related lol.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Finley's foot got hurt (don't worry he's been to the vet a bunch of times about it) and he likes me to hold his whole body to get a rest from holing it up or having to use it. He also does this weird thing where sometimes I go to approach him and he backs up and screams and kind of crouches down in a defensive stance (and if I push the matter he will bite me) but then I will wait like 10 seconds and he'll be totally fine and step up like nothing happens lol. He is so weird! I bet they are related, they look exactly the same and walk the same and everything and Finley is always like puffed up but he isn't sick...just his feathers are always a mess and his head feathers are always raised..looks like your guy so much! Finley is such a chunk!

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Finley's foot got hurt (don't worry he's been to the vet a bunch of times about it) and he likes me to hold his whole body to get a rest from holing it up or having to use it. He also does this weird thing where sometimes I go to approach him and he backs up and screams and kind of crouches down in a defensive stance (and if I push the matter he will bite me) but then I will wait like 10 seconds and he'll be totally fine and step up like nothing happens lol. He is so weird! I bet they are related, they look exactly the same and walk the same and everything and Finley is always like puffed up but he isn't sick...just his feathers are always a mess and his head feathers are always raised..looks like your guy so much! Finley is such a chunk!

I always see nandays online and their feathers are always slick, and all in the right place, but cheddar is the same as finley, always a mess, and poofy. He had food stuck to his head yesterday I am unclear how he even got it there. He pretty much only eats when his water bowl is available for dunking, and when he's on me, not perched, just on my belly or neck, he slowly scratches his head for as long as he is layed out on me sometimes. small movements, very careful not to scratch an eye with his extra long dino toes/claws lol. I gotta do a dna test, I suspect cheddar is a "she" but we will see.

cheddar will back up if I get close too fast, usually holds his head up high though, with a look of "HEY what are you doing?! oh... ok, yea of course I'll step up" The other conures pick on him so I think he's just making sure I'm not picking on him like the others lol. I always intervene when they do pick on him but lately I try to let them figure it out as long as they are not hurting each other. He's bigger so I would like to think if he just stands up for himself he would win lol. He is getting better with it. cheddar does not bite he/she doesn't have a mean bone in his body (or beak). I want another one now!

Last edited:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
you two keep making me want a nanday! Fin and chedder both sound adorable

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies

this morning I go to their cage and cheddar is just sitting there, all poofy and a goofy look on his face. "you gonna pick me up?" Sorry cheddar, I gotta go to work "BUUUUUT I WANNNNNA PLAAAYYYYY" he says... Well, squawks...

I'd have one of every bird breed if I could. I like diversity.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

yea, when I watch cockatoo videos I can see the same personality quirks that my tiel has. Especially their eyes. It makes me want a too. I would also describe it as ocd lol. I can picture his thoughts "one, two three" click click click lol

One of mine has a weird behavior while eating. Food is in the claw, he takes a bite and swallows, then touches his beak to one of the digits. Takes another bite.....

Or he will put two pieces of food in his claw, one to eat, the other something he does not like. Takes a bite of the good food, swallows, beaks the bad food, rinse and repeat!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Well if you get one and it's not a poofy doofus let me know lol. Nandays are really really loving and very forgiving in my personal opinion and silly. You'd love one! I think you have to get a boy because ours are both boys.

Most Reactions