What is Rosie Saying

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I just took a short video of Rosie chatting. She is saying something I do not recognize. It sounds like wooopee but I never taught her nor did she hear anything like this. She says it just after her head bobbing. It sounds like more than one word to me. Wish I could slow it doen and listen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyfF6rmJL2o"]YouTube - What Is Rosie Saying[/ame]

Last edited:

ColleenChaos

Dec 26, 2010
Media
Baltimore, MD. USA
Parrots
Timneh African Grey, Red Crowned Amazon, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure, Parakeets
It sounds like wooopeee to me too. Rosie is a beautiful girl. Such a cute voice. A timneh lives among my flock. His name is Furby.

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
The first time she says something it sounds like "Rosie" and the next two times there are more syllables but with the word "Rosie" in it. I couldn't really make out what she was saying though.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hahaha! How frustrating for you Di! Cal does this sort of thing to me and I ALWAYS say "Pardon?!" like she can repeat it.......

I can't even help you I'm afraid! My brain decided it sounded like: "Wanna rub back?" and every time I play it I just "hear" that :( lol!

Rosie's beautiful though and I love to watch her. Thankyou for sharing.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Now that was so cute Rosie is sure coming out the closet.
I know what Rosie said..............................
She said Mommy I promise you, I played it over and over again and again.
Di how often do you say Mommy to Rosie...............................................
Just think about it.
That beautiful whistle she did...... add on to it. Whistle then make the sound of bombs landing. I will try find a video of Mishka saying crash crash, then he whistles then the bombs land.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Ant: I never say mommie to her, not even one time. This may remain a mystery until one day the light bulb may go on in my head. Thanks everyone for listening.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ant: I never say mommie to her, not even one time. This may remain a mystery until one day the light bulb may go on in my head. Thanks everyone for listening.

I can't believe you have never said Mommy to Rosie........
I know she is so clever that she heard it somewhere and is now saying it.

Keep saying the word Mommy to her, she might just surprise you Mommy

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
You SB ... one day like you said a light bulb will go off and wham.. you will understand.

I will be sitting and Abby will be jabbering away in a very soft voice and I swear she says Hello and tries to say I love you..,,

It is just like kids growing up... one day they are crawling and jabbering and the next they are talking and walking

Rosie is so cute... She will be talking plain as day in no time.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
I think I've got Mishka on the brain, but it sounds like "did you poopy?" LOL

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
You know Norf. you could be correct on this one. The things I am working on currently are: I Love You, Rosie Good Girl neither of which it is. However I will say to her in the am usually, Want To Go Poopie?? Woopie may sound like Poopie?? I just got another tape recorder to replace the broken one and I will try and get it on tape. That way I can slow it down and listen.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
OK I now have played back a recording on slow of the mysterious word and it is what I thought "whoopee". Guess I said this to a few times. Me getting bird brain too!!

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
OK I now have played back a recording on slow of the mysterious word and it is what I thought "whoopee". Guess I said this to a few times. Me getting bird brain too!!

So SB you have graduated... Bird Brain... :22:That is cool.... I am envious..

I am glad we know the secret word is "WOOPIE"

Most Reactions

Latest posts