What kind do these two look like

Sixthchick

Jan 28, 2014
The place I bought these two from didn't know how old they were the sex or what kind of love bird so if anyone knows what kind I can go from there. image.jpg

Hope that actually posted the pic.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
they're a hybrid between a peach faced lovebird and possibly either a fischer's or a mask, but i might want to say fischer's.

OP
S

Sixthchick

Jan 28, 2014
See I couldn't decide if they had all 3 or what. The one with the orange neck is more aggressive and will get in the nest box and play with the paper dragging it out. While the one with the yellow neck will stand outside the door like he's keeping watch. So I'm guessing he's a he but I won't know till I test.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
unfortunately, you have two hybrids of the eye ring species and the peach face species... they're infertile and no egg they lay will ever hatch. if you were thinking on breeding--these are not a pair that will work out for you, sorry to say.

OP
S

Sixthchick

Jan 28, 2014
Darn my luck! I wanted babies so bad. I read that in the event they do reproduce the chicks could have health problems. What are some ways of preventing them from breeding. If they even try.

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Take away the eggs if they have them or keep them in separate cages and don't provide them with any nest line environments.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
possible chances they are siblings as well, like Dally said, hybrid.

another option is for you to swap one of them for a pure fisher lovebird of the opposite sex.

then you would have 75% fischer lovebird, and 25% peachface, thus reducing the risk of infertile eggs, and may end up with a possible good batch of babies.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I think peachface hybrids are 100% sterile/infertile, so no chance of producing hybrid offspring from these hybrids at all, regardless of what they are paired with.

Most Reactions

Latest posts