What kind of parrot is this?

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
You could also check the local pet stores. Maybe they have sold a Sun recently. Check with breeders as well. Is there a leg band? All of this could help id.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Where are you located?

I'm still thinking it belongs to a breeder. This is a BABY.

And my Karma is that when I lose a bird, I have to get three home first, before mine comes back.

This would make three.

I'd put an ad on Craig's list WITHOUT a picture... and ask them to describe the bird to you... withhold vital info like type of parrot and whether or not it has a band.

Last edited:
OP
fdeschape

fdeschape

Apr 27, 2016
Florida. By the west palm area

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

How far is Indiantown from you? Major conure breeder... (Cuz there's hardly any of those in Fla. - Yeah, right!)

African Parrots Aviaries - Online (772)285-5947

Hey, wasn't someone looking for a Vasa breeder the other day?

These guys do Vasas... and QOB's! (Looks like a broker outfit to me.)

OP
fdeschape

fdeschape

Apr 27, 2016
Pretty far. Shoot i just noticed a typo. Im north dade. Why did it auto correct to west palm? What the... Lmao. Im by the north dade area.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
OP
fdeschape

fdeschape

Apr 27, 2016
None are near me. It has to be someones pet

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
None are near me. It has to be someones pet

I'd go with an ad on Craig's list then. Most people know to look there. The ad is free. I wouldn't post a pic. I'd make them describe it to me. Including the area, and circumstances, where it was lost. AN OWNER WOULD KNOW...

A few years back I did that with a CAG I found, and I had all sorts of people coming out of the wood work trying to find a "Free parrot." Including some idiot that showed up on my doorstep with a cardboard box for a travel cage, thinking it was "first come, first served" on free birds...

NO, ACTUALLY, THIS BIRD IS GOING BACK TO ITS ACTUAL OWNER... YOU CAN LEAVE NOW.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
^^Yes, I know I'd have a punched in the gut feeling if my bird got lost:(

I WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT...

That definitely looks like a BABY sun conure.

Like, hasn't even had it's first molt yet baby... still has all it's baby greens.

Yes I know:( Can't wait to hear some good news about Maggie coming home.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986

How far is Indiantown from you? Major conure breeder... (Cuz there's hardly any of those in Fla. - Yeah, right!)

African Parrots Aviaries - Online (772)285-5947

Hey, wasn't someone looking for a Vasa breeder the other day?

These guys do Vasas... and QOB's! (Looks like a broker outfit to me.)

OMG, Indian Town? That's in the middle of nowhere ( OK,30 mins from Okeechobee or Palm Beach. Lots of ground and miles in between. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
Young Sun for sure. Looks even younger than mine who is 6-7months. Wings were clipped on mine when I got him, so he's just learning to really fly. I can't imagine a bird this young flying very far. I'd post pics around neighborhood with your phone number. This was definitely someone's bird.

OP
fdeschape

fdeschape

Apr 27, 2016
Posted flyers around the neighborhood saying FOUND MISSING BIRD and my google phone number. Ive received a lot of calls saying its their bird until i ask what kind of bird. So far no one. One person said parrot so i gave him the benefit of the doubt and asked if he had a picture. He said no. So i asked what color was the bird. He said blue and yellow which was wrong.

The search continues

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Thanks for trying:)

sarai7

May 1, 2016
Michigan
Parrots
Ace - RB2
Posted flyers around the neighborhood saying FOUND MISSING BIRD and my google phone number. Ive received a lot of calls saying its their bird until i ask what kind of bird. So far no one. One person said parrot so i gave him the benefit of the doubt and asked if he had a picture. He said no. So i asked what color was the bird. He said blue and yellow which was wrong.

The search continues

That's hilarious. Glad you are trying to find its owners. And glad you are willing to care for him otherwise

Most Reactions

Latest posts