Any personal experiences?

Anterovgaltis

Nov 29, 2023
Parrots
cinnamon cockatiel
Hello! I’m new to the forum.

Currently I only own a tiel, but I have handled and accommodated lots of zons and such. I have been doing research on both Patagonians and all kinds of zons for months, though I have not come across lots of patagonian owners. I live in an apartment, I’ve talked about it with my neighbours and they don’t mind the noise, the thing is I’m not leaning towards a specific zon species nor have I asked patagonian owners about their personal experience (like, I know they’re loud, but are they consistent?) which is why I joined the forum. I’m not especially looking for something cuddly I can sit and watch a movie with (obviously, I don’t mind), just a friend. : )

P.S Can someone help me remove the blue fronted amazon from my profile? She has found a home and not staying with me anymore, I have no idea what I’m doing

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We have one very prominent Patagonian owner on here, Gail, who owns the Rickeybird. I've facetimed with those 2 ( for Salty's Birthday party a few years ago) so I can give an informed opinon. Rickeybird's contact calls were high pitched and very frequent, to the point where the video audio was impossible. I understand from Gail that that is pretty much how life goes on in her household. He is very much a one-person bird, but I've also met a Patagonian that was an 'ambassador' parrot for a Parrot Society in the Baltimore area, the kind anyone can pick up and hold with little fear of bad behavior.

Here is her link on Parrotforums:

Rickeybirds thread

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks, Wrenchie, for the vouch!

Ante, I'm at your disposal...
I love my Patagonian to death, but he is a pushy, naughty, unpredictable little rooster. I am told that the hens are more agreeable.
I'll send you a little Patagonian tutorial I wrote a while back. Feel free to DM or ask more questions here.
The Rickeybird is a deliciously evil delight, in part due to genes, and in part due to my helpless indulgence and mismanagement!
If you like, have a look at is Youtube antics.

Attachments

• Patagonian Conure Tutorial.txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 11

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have quite a lot of experience with Amazons.
Only once have I had a personal encounter with the Patagonian Conure.
It was at a bird Fair local to me at our local fairgrounds.
of all the different types of parrots in that huge room.
Cockatoos, Macaws, and other large birds.
I could clearly pick out the contact call the Patagonian Conure anywhere in the room.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yes, that Patagonian rebel yell. Enough to wake the undead.
When we go to the vet and the bird yells his greetings, I hear "Hello, Rickey" from staff in all corners of the building.

OP
Anterovgaltis

Anterovgaltis

Nov 29, 2023
Parrots
cinnamon cockatiel
Thanks, Wrenchie, for the vouch!

Ante, I'm at your disposal...
I love my Patagonian to death, but he is a pushy, naughty, unpredictable little rooster. I am told that the hens are more agreeable.
I'll send you a little Patagonian tutorial I wrote a while back. Feel free to DM or ask more questions here.
The Rickeybird is a deliciously evil delight, in part due to genes, and in part due to my helpless indulgence and mismanagement!
If you like, have a look at is Youtube antics.
Thank you! Exactly what I had been looking for, very informative!

Most Reactions

Latest posts