What pellet food do you feed your conure?

jenster

Oct 19, 2014
Untied kingdom
Parrots
I have a yellow sided green cheek Conure named Charlie and Pineapple Conure named Lola.
So both my conure are on seed base diets, a recent trip to the vets and he has recommended changing their food to pellet. So wondering what you feed your conure I've recently contacted harrison as recommended by the vet and their going to be sending some samples out.. I've also contacted my local pet store and they've said living world is a good one and his customers swear by it, I've looked on the Internet about living world buy can't seem to find pellets for that brand just seeds, but I'm going to the pet shop tomorrow to have a looks at it..

What would you recommend?

Thanks.

KrisandPenelope

Aug 23, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Penelope Primrose: Crimson bellied conure
I love the Harrison's adult fine. It is the only pellet my conure will actually eat and her feather quality improved tremendously on it.

SilverLining

May 5, 2015
Sugar Land, TX
Parrots
Charlie - CAG // Mango - Sun Conure // Tango - Gold Capped Conure // Alex - Indian Ringneck Parakeet
My conures eat Zupreem Fruit Blend...but they only like the tiny little parakeet ones. They grab a mouthful, dip their beak in water and eat away. It's actually kind of nice because this way, I can buy one big bag for my conures and budgies in one go.

rosembers

Nov 15, 2015
Harrisons all the way! I get mine on amazon from harrisons as the supplier. You can feed high potency fine (recommended for 9 months) and switch to adult lifetime fine or stay with high potency for max nutrition (good to double check with your vet that your conures don't have any medical reasons to not stay on high potency).

For variety, I give some Goldenfeast golden'obles pellets and for treats zupreem fruit pellets and Goldenfeast Conure Blend (it has a great variety and nutrients they would get in the wild like bee pollen). But as a staple I feed Harrisons to all my birds :)

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
I use the ZUpreem Fruit Blend and a dash of the RoudyBush Crumbles on top. Roudybush will send samples and so will Lafeber's. We got a mix of the nutriberries and avicakes from Lafeber's. Tiki hated the avicakes. The nutriberries we're a big fan of.

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
I feed mine Hagen Tropican cockatiel size and use nutriberries as treats (they contain fruit, seed and pellets).

Jarsheart

May 17, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
1 blue crown conure, 3 cockatiels, 1 sun conure
I use the ZUpreem Fruit Blend and a dash of the RoudyBush Crumbles on top. Roudybush will send samples and so will Lafeber's. We got a mix of the nutriberries and avicakes from Lafeber's. Tiki hated the avicakes. The nutriberries we're a big fan of.

Dumb question, but how did you get the samples ?

Many thanks,

Michelle :orange:

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
I just emailed the companies and asked if they would send me some. :)

Jarsheart

May 17, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
1 blue crown conure, 3 cockatiels, 1 sun conure
Thank you very much for the info. I want to get my baby sun conure on a pellet diet, and not sure what to try. Getting samples is the perfect answer !!

Most Reactions