What to get

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
Hi
I have had quakers before, conure and galah but it's been a while.
I am looking for a new baby .
I know all birds vocalise but I'm looking for recommendations on what chatters /talks more and screams less
Thank you

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
My best talkers are Green cheek conures. My sun and Quaker are more into you learn my language.

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Hi
I have had quakers before, conure and galah but it's been a while.
I am looking for a new baby .
I know all birds vocalise but I'm looking for recommendations on what chatters /talks more and screams less
Thank you
My eclectus speaks extremely clear and has a large vocabulary. She is not much of a screamer. She will go days without screaming, but when she decides she is in the mood. It is LOUD. She loves to tell my amazon and ringneck to use their words. While she isn't screaming, she is talking from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed. A lot also seems to be dependent on the individual bird.

My ringneck is only 4 months so it is hard to say how well she will talk. But at this point and time she is noisier than both my amazon and eclectus. I guess there is always exceptions but the way I have always understood it is noisy birds are normally the better talkers. But then again some birds never choose to talk. I would look at more than just talking ability and screaming before I chose a bird. Things such as diet, neediness, and your living environment.

OP
P

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
I'm quite interested in an Indian ringneck. I know they have call periods but are they obnoxious and scream often? I have not found anything to suggest that online

OP
P

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
My eclectus speaks extremely clear and has a large vocabulary. She is not much of a screamer. She will go days without screaming, but when she decides she is in the mood. It is LOUD. She loves to tell my amazon and ringneck to use their words. While she isn't screaming, she is talking from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed. A lot also seems to be dependent on the individual bird.

My ringneck is only 4 months so it is hard to say how well she will talk. But at this point and time she is noisier than both my amazon and eclectus. I guess there is always exceptions but the way I have always understood it is noisy birds are normally the better talkers. But then again some birds never choose to talk. I would look at more than just talking ability and screaming before I chose a bird. Things such as diet, neediness, and your living environment.
How loud us your amazon?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Dont know about other Amazons, but mine can make your ears bleed when he wants to. Like most parrots he is loudest at evening time, when dinner is being prepped. Other times he talks and sings, sometimes its his own little Amazon songs or ones that we taught him. He even sings some opera.

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Dont know about other Amazons, but mine can make your ears bleed when he wants to. Like most parrots he is loudest at evening time, when dinner is being prepped. Other times he talks and sings, sometimes its his own little Amazon songs or ones that we taught him. He even sings some opera.
I think mine is broken, because my Eclectus is the one that makes us run for ear plugs when she decides to scream. My amazon really hasn't been loud so far.

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
I'm quite interested in an Indian ringneck. I know they have call periods but are they obnoxious and scream often? I have not found anything to suggest that online
She sounds like a star wars character with the pew pew sound. It isn't ear piercing loud like my Eclectus. I have only had her a month so can't speak from a lot of experience. I have also found that my birds in general don't scream a lot because I make sure they have plenty of other things to do.

Attachments

• tia2.jpg
    tia2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 25

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Iā€™ve had/have budgies, love birds, cockatiels, and an Ekkie. They each bring something interesting, and fun to the table. My Ekkie is very quiet. I feel like he may scream once a day. I mean one scream. However that one scream can wake the dead (itā€™s even louder than my sun conure screams, and sun conures are by no means known to have quiet screams). My cockatiels were very friendly, and docile. Very easily handled. My conures (sun & jenday) are like children on sugar, or the energizer bunny. They are very cuddly. They scream just to hear themselves scream. Budgies & cockatiels screams canā€™t wake the dead like the others listed above which is a bonus for an apartment unless you have nice neighbors. Love birds, and budgies are nice because they donā€™t take up as much room (cages for larger parrots take up a lot of space). They can be taught the same exact things as larger parrots. I could honestly debate this for hours. Each parrot also has their own personalities.

Are there any specific qualities you are looking for other then a parrot who speaks/talks?

OP
P

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
Iā€™ve had/have budgies, love birds, cockatiels, and an Ekkie. They each bring something interesting, and fun to the table. My Ekkie is very quiet. I feel like he may scream once a day. I mean one scream. However that one scream can wake the dead (itā€™s even louder than my sun conure screams, and sun conures are by no means known to have quiet screams). My cockatiels were very friendly, and docile. Very easily handled. My conures (sun & jenday) are like children on sugar, or the energizer bunny. They are very cuddly. They scream just to hear themselves scream. Budgies & cockatiels screams canā€™t wake the dead like the others listed above which is a bonus for an apartment unless you have nice neighbors. Love birds, and budgies are nice because they donā€™t take up as much room (cages for larger parrots take up a lot of space). They can be taught the same exact things as larger parrots. I could honestly debate this for hours. Each parrot also has their own personalities.

Are there any specific qualities you are looking for other then a parrot who speaks/talks?
Thank you! Very helpful information. šŸ‘Œ appreciate you took the time.

widor

Aug 23, 2021
Media
Hungary
Parrots
2 Green Check Conures,2 linolated parakeets- RIP, 2 kakariki
How about kakariki? Do not know whether they are available in your area but they have funny voice like goats:), and do not scream. I have conures as well who I love but would change the screaming to kakariki's voice any day:)

OP
P

Pammie

Jul 20, 2023
Parrots
Quaker
How about kakariki? Do not know whether they are available in your area but they have funny voice like goats:), and do not scream. I have conures as well who I love but would change the screaming to kakariki's voice any day:)
Actually I bred kakariki's years ago. I am drawn to quakers and IRN and galah
... none quiet lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts