snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
I am looking for my next feathered friend. I am ready for another now it's been 5 years.

I met a tiny baby GCC not ready to go home yet. He came right other to me. I held him he was so little and sweet. If I could I would have taken him home today. I went to petco and found 3 green cheeks 2 showed no interested. The other young one came running up to me all excited. Wings out being a little agressive but also showing off. I asked could I see that one. The guy said how about this one it is nicer. So I tried to hold the "nice" one that does not bite hard at all or at all. She would not stay With me. So I said can I just go in and put my hand in the cage of the other one. He said sure. So I went in and put my hand right next to the bird. He looked at me like ok. I waited and he got right on my hand. He stared to use his beak to check me out being very gental. Then as he sat on my hand longer he would slowly bite me just a tiny bit harder but never hard. He was just testing me. We did this for a while then he let me move him while on my hand. The pet store guy seemed suprised that I got the bird on my hand at all.

This little guy is bold and a little naughty. He is curious and smart. He seems to want to have a person friend. Both birds have only been their a few days. I am going to take my daughter to meet him tomarrow. He is just a baby still kind of small. So I want to get him and start working with him before the people there set him back with the rough handleing. They were rough getting the other one out. Poor baby.

What do you look for in a baby or young bird?

The last bird I picked out was a cockatiel. She picked me. She was a lovebug. She was so sweet right off the bat. But green cheeks I think have a bit more spunk and I like that. This little baby came right up to me. He has a bit of a dominate personality but I like it. He is not shy.

I am going to see him tomorrow.

One more thing if I am going on vacation in a month should I want till I get back to get my bird? My husband would be pet sitting when I am gone he did a great job with the parakeets last time I had to go somewhere.

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
When I look for a bird, I think it's important the bird picks me. This is a longtime friend, maybe lifetime. I visit as much as I can and make sure there's going to be a way forward when I get him home.

I love cockatiels, I love gccs. Haven't had a tiel since mine passed away years ago from old age...might have to pick a tiel.

OP
snowflake311

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
I posted Video Of the bird I am thinking of getting in my new post "New bird maybe"

let me know if you think this bird is trying to tell me he wants to come home with us? I find him a little confusing at times. When I was in the cage area with my hand in the cage he is a bit more shy. When I am out of the cage looking in he is all cute.

Most Reactions

Latest posts