What would the baby color be or what mutations

Master_10000

Jul 7, 2018
Parrots
GCC Annabelle - GCC Jinx
Hello I got a question what would the babies look like of a male Whiteface Cockatiel and a female Pearl Cockatiel Iā€™ve read were they would go back to normal but Iā€™ve read other things to so Iā€™m not sure :grey::grey:

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
If they aren't split, babies will normal. Do you know your cockatiels' parents?

Last edited:
OP
M

Master_10000

Jul 7, 2018
Parrots
GCC Annabelle - GCC Jinx
No I donā€™t know itā€™s parents I guess Iā€™ll have to wait until they have babies and thank you

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
As Rozalka said, all babies will be normal, all will be split whiteface, all males will also be split pearl.

That is, with no known splits.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have a male whiteface (split pearl I think) and a female cinnamon (don't know what else is in her DNA)

I had two clutches of babies.

first clutch was 3. one male normal coloration. 1 female Lutino, and 1 female peal.

Second clutch of 4.

3 normal grey (sex unknown) and 1 Lutino (also unknown sec). Had to sell them to the mom and pop pet shop cuz I could not keep them

Someone here really knows the book on Cockatiel mutations but I can't think of her handle/user name at the moment. She use to live in Hawaii but moved not to long ago.

I bow in the dust to her superior knowledge of the subject.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I have a male whiteface (split pearl I think) and a female cinnamon (don't know what else is in her DNA)

I had two clutches of babies.

first clutch was 3. one male normal coloration. 1 female Lutino, and 1 female peal.

Second clutch of 4.

3 normal grey (sex unknown) and 1 Lutino (also unknown sec). Had to sell them to the mom and pop pet shop cuz I could not keep them

Based on offspring, male is split Ino (Lutino/Albino) and maybe Pearl. If all female chicks are pearl, then he's a visual pearl - which you can actually figure out by looking at his tail feathers. If his tail feathers are solid black, he's split pearl. If there's mottling, then he's visual pearl. Pretty easy way to tell! ;) (easier on molted tail feathers, btw!)

Most Reactions

Latest posts