please help me identify my birdies!

SereneCorvo

Nov 14, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels!
I’ve recently been reading up on cockatiel variations (mutations?) and would love to know what mine are. I was hoping for some insight from someone with more experience than me. I believe that Corvo is a normal grey (but was told by last owner he was a cinnamon) and was told when I got Serene that she’s a Whitefaced pearl pied, but it gets very complicated and I’d like to know for sure. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6457.jpeg
    IMG_6457.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6049.jpeg
    IMG_6049.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 68244137446__5774910B-215D-42F8-B56E-CB6F86FCCDED.jpeg
    68244137446__5774910B-215D-42F8-B56E-CB6F86FCCDED.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 17

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
whiteface pearl Female if older than 1 year.
Normal grey Male.
I am not sure of the all white bird.
I think the term albino is used a little to freely when it comes to cockatiel mutations.
true albinism includes red eyes.
least that's my understanding.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Normal grey Male.
I think the term albino is used a little to freely when it comes to cockatiel mutations.
I don’t think albinism is really a thing with cockatiels. I think it’s just called whiteface lutino?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Normal grey Male.
I don’t think albinism is really a thing with cockatiels. I think it’s just called whiteface lutino?
I had an all white tiel with red eyes and was never sure if it was albino or white face. It seems to be just a matter of opinion and/or wording.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I had an all white tiel with red eyes and was never sure if it was albino or white face. It seems to be just a matter of opinion and/or wording.
A pure white tiel with red eyes is albino which is a white faced with "ino" genes, two if male, one if female. A pure yellow tiel with red eyes is a lutino, which is a yellow faced with the "ino" genes, two if male, one if female.

There may be other all white tiels and all yellow tiels with dark eyes but they are not lutinos or albinos.

Most Reactions

Latest posts