What's the funniest thing your bird does ?

usamimi

Oct 30, 2011
North GA
Parrots
Kevin the Congo African Grey (DNA'd F) and Ra the Sun Conure
Kevin clucks like a chicken when she wants you to pet her head. It;s the funniest noise ever, I dont know where she learned it.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I don't cluck like a chicken. Maybe like a DOG,....but not a CHICKEN ! :09: lol !

Thanks,
KEVIN !

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
When I come into his room in the morning, to open the curtains, dance and sing Good Morning songs...he runs his perch,flips upside-down and says, "Hi There"!

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
My sister-in-law keeps telling me that I need to keep a journal of 'life with bird'. There are so many amusing things that are just...cockatoo. His night-time sounding off ritual is hilarious! He hates woodpeckers, he's quite the terrorist with them. He hangs out with the local ravens and when they come close, you can hear him say "Hi There"! The ravens actually keep the hawks in the area, away. Just this afternoon I witnessed the ravens shooing one away. Birds are pretty amazing!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Ralph hides things behind a pillow on the living room sofa-- anything from molted feathers to junk mail to parrot toys get stashed back there. :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
There have been so many things over the years...

Everyday things that I find amusing:

Rowdy does these "poses" in the evening. She will contort herself into some funny position and wait for me to comment, then change to another. My favorite is her "angel pose" where she puts her wings straight behind her, and even sometimes puts a key ring on top of her head like a halo. Sometimes she will sit with a bell on top of her head like a hat.

Pete's laugh. He had the loudest, funniest laugh! I also like when he hangs upside down and flutters his wings. I have to yell, "Batman! Batman bird!"

Merlin's sound effects crack me up. Especially when she says, "How are you?" in that monster voice. Yesterday she said, "Allllrrriiiggghhht" in a funny voice, too.

Chawkins2

Feb 1, 2012
Washington
Parrots
Blue Crowned Conure
WHen my Blue Crown gets amused by something I say or do, she stands really tall and then scrunches her neck while her eyes are pinning while blowing air out of her nostrils. Its really cute!

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
Whenever we say something loud to somebody in a different part of the house and Pearl screams in the same tone.

Most Reactions