When EarlyBird sees chicken eggs

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Early Bird Green Cheek Conure
Hatch Date 3-2016
I wonder, does she instinctively know what eggs are?

We keep about 120 chickens. We donate all of our eggs to food pantrys and womens shelters. We have a lot of egg washing going on in our house. Usually when she sees eggs being washed she gets flappy and chirpy. I thought it was just the water, but today she got really animated when our eggs were drying on the counter and she started running all around them chattering.

Does anyones bird get excited at the sight of eggs?

CherylCali

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Interesting reaction.

Our food snob DYH Amazon believes that anything on the kitchen counter is Food! And if anything, gets pushy regarding when it will be severed to him.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I wonder, does she instinctively know what eggs are?

We keep about 120 chickens. We donate all of our eggs to food pantrys and womens shelters. We have a lot of egg washing going on in our house. Usually when she sees eggs being washed she gets flappy and chirpy. I thought it was just the water, but today she got really animated when our eggs were drying on the counter and she started running all around them chattering.

Does anyones bird get excited at the sight of eggs?

CherylCali

What an amazing thing to do, thank you for your generosity to those in need.

My birds get excited when they see egg in their chop. My female quaker has laid a few eggs during hormone season, even those didn't interest her too much, the same with my cockatiel. I wondered if they may have understood the eggs weren't viable.

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
Interesting reaction.

Our food snob DYH Amazon believes that anything on the kitchen counter is Food! And if anything, gets pushy regarding when it will be severed to him.
It is entirely possible that she assumes every single thing I touch is for her to eat. She gives me little nips when I'm not making her breakfast (or ours, or dinner, or I forget a nutriberry when I pass the bucket) fast enough.

The kitchen in general does some weird emotional things to her, haha. I'm fairly certain she is falling head over talons for our Brita filter. It makes her do very unique things.

CherylCali

OP
CherylCali

CherylCali

Jun 22, 2016
Victoria, Texas
Parrots
Hatch Date 3-2016
What an amazing thing to do, thank you for your generosity to those in need.

My birds get excited when they see egg in their chop. My female quaker has laid a few eggs during hormone season, even those didn't interest her too much, the same with my cockatiel. I wondered if they may have understood the eggs weren't viable.[/QUOTE]

That's a good question about knowing if they knew they weren't good eggs. Perhaps not being mated with they didn't have the instinctual concern.

CherylCali

Most Reactions

Latest posts