When is bedtime?

BrAsMaAs

Apr 22, 2016
Albums
Parrots
Rosie, blue IRN
I was wondering when your IRN goes to bed.:blue2:
My baby is ready for her cage and bed by 8 p.m. every night. My budgie is up till 10p.m. tweeting away.

SilverLining

May 5, 2015
Sugar Land, TX
Parrots
Charlie - CAG // Mango - Sun Conure // Tango - Gold Capped Conure // Alex - Indian Ringneck Parakeet
Hi,

I find most of my fuzzballs get cranky if not allowed to sleep at least 10-12 hours a night.

I try to put my grey and ringneck to bed around 8 pm....my little ringneck likes to play hide-and-seek when its to time to go to bed...so sometimes, 8:30.

Conversely, my conures are crazy. All they want to do is play. play play play. If i cover them, they play. If i shut the lights out they whisper to each other...they are just a colorful bundle of nuts and crackers. They usually burn out by 11pm...but they wake up later as a result.

I have budgies as well. Lots of them. If they stay up more than 12 hours a day, they start breeding so I try to put them to bed an hour before sundown.

I hope this helps!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I have always had a bedtime routine and it's usually between 7 and 8pm. The birds get used to the routine especially if they are covered and the regular use of the word gets to be understood. Mine will sometimes ask for 'bubbyes' before time.

happy410

Jul 23, 2015
ALABAMA
Parrots
Happy, DYH Amazon
Tesla, Blue & Gold Macaw
Our 2 go to bed between 7 and 8. At our house it's pretty easy. They start getting cranky and we know it's time. When they are ready, they are READY... no stopping it.:greenyellow::blue:

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Mine go to bed around 7 to 7.30 and 8pm at the latest but whatever time they go to bed at they are given 12 hours sleep and they dont seem to waken until I uncover them in the morning.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Usually anywhere from 9-10 pm. My day doesn't end until fairly late, and by the time I am all done with everything and ready to relax and spend time with them, they need to be up til at least 9. They get about 10-12 hours. Griffin usually wakes up on his own and starts talking under his cover after 10 hours.

Raixalotto

Nov 21, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Jasper - Indian Ringneck Parrot |

Apple & Cinnamon - Black Capped Conures |

Crimson & Ruby - Crimson Bellied Conures |

Silver & Brown - King Quails
usually around 8:30 for my IRN :)

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
I used to like to keep her up till 7:30 but lately her hormones make her super crazy and nippy at night to where I can't trust her in my shoulder after about 5. Normally 0830-1930 though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts