When is the "honeymoon" stage over?

FeatherLover

Jan 29, 2013
Colorado
Parrots
YSGCC (Ivy) hatched 9/7/12
So far my GCC is settling in nicely with her sweet yet sassy self LOL. But I've read that when the "honeymoon" stage wears off they get nippy. Just wondering when to expect this? Of course she's very beaky & has tested pressure a few times but nothing super hard. I hope it never happens but am afraid it's inevitable bc of their "nippy" reputation. When did you get your first bite??

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Well, you would probably be wise to start setting limits.....if only to get a jump on her...since she's working on 8mo, no sense letting her think you've become complacent. My patty was a 4yo re-home that didn't really give me any problems until she took offense at my trying to remove her from my shoulder so I could get out of an overstuffed leather chair you almost needed a ladder to get out of.....this was 3 years after she joined the flock, so we did a re-evaluation of the attitudes of all flock members and made changes necessary.....sorry, but there's no guide book you can read to get you over the bumps & dips.....

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Well, you would probably be wise to start setting limits.....if only to get a jump on her...since she's working on 8mo, no sense letting her think you've become complacent. My patty was a 4yo re-home that didn't really give me any problems until she took offense at my trying to remove her from my shoulder so I could get out of an overstuffed leather chair you almost needed a ladder to get out of.....this was 3 years after she joined the flock, so we did a re-evaluation of the attitudes of all flock members and made changes necessary.....sorry, but there's no guide book you can read to get you over the bumps & dips.....

ROFLMAO, yes! My Trixie has a very short temper and gets easily offended! I kinda love that about her, though. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts