Where did it go?

fowlstack

Jul 19, 2016
Spring, Texas
Parrots
'Rio' - Mexican Red Head Amazon (2016)
I remember a year ago finding and printing a set of instructions to learn, and read to your parrot when it is new to your home and as a method of bonding.
For the life of me I am unable to find it on our site. Can anyone direct me?
It appears there is a elderly foster coming into my life and I want to be prepared as it did wonders for my baby a year ago.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Most Important Thing: The Safe Guard of Your Amazon!!! Bring into your Home a Foster Parrot must include the separation of the two Parrot for at least 30 days!!! As near to 100% separation as is possible! If the Foster will be around for a longer period of time; Assure that your CAV provides a New Parrot Examination with proper tests including a full Blood Screen!

There are a number of Sticky Threads at the top of the different Forums that are informative for that specific Parrot Species.

Since you are likely talk about an Amazon coming into your home, you are likely wanting to look at that Amazon Forum Sticky that deals will 'Understanding Body Language.' This specific Sticky is the foundation for understanding Amazon Body Language and is commonly recommended as the Thread (followed by: I Love Amazons...) that is a great tool for sitting next to the new arrival and reading a loud. Remember that the goal is two fold! One, allowing the Amazon to be come comfortable with you and to learn the sound of your voice and second is to 're-learn' the Body Language of Amazons for you!

Always Remember: It's NEVER the fault of the Amazon! It is ALWAYS the fault of the Human! This as you know is important in quickly determining what you are during wrong and quickly correcting it!

OP
fowlstack

fowlstack

Jul 19, 2016
Spring, Texas
Parrots
Thanks guys, I guess it doesn't really matter to the bird which of the posts I read to him but I like the the Sticky Threads mentioned above. I did get the foster today, he is a 42 yr. old YNA, and currently being quarantined in the spare bedroom. He is not very vocal yet but I'm certain that will change. The poor guy is a little chubby as his previous owner admittedly fed him only a seed diet. The last week he has had to learn to like Rowdybush pellets and his owner provided some sort of corn that looks like it came off a barbeque pit.
Tomorrow I will start him on his fruit and veggies and weigh him to see if I can get some of the excess fat off him in the future. Will keep y'all informed on his progress.

OP
fowlstack

fowlstack

Jul 19, 2016
Spring, Texas
Parrots
Opps forgot to add his smiling face...

Attachments

• captain1.jpg
    captain1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 62

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
I remember a year ago finding and printing a set of instructions to learn, and read to your parrot when it is new to your home and as a method of bonding.
For the life of me I am unable to find it on our site. Can anyone direct me?
It appears there is a elderly foster coming into my life and I want to be prepared as it did wonders for my baby a year ago.

Hey, thanks! I will start this with Kizzy tomorrow. :) :) :)

This forum is a gold mine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts