Where did your bird's name come from?

parrotguy12

Aug 19, 2010
Media
Parrots
American Yellowface parrotlet "paquito"
Green IRN "Georgey"
2 budgies "lemon" and "sky"
my parrotlet's name came from my mom, she just told me to call him paquito, but paquito is a she so it was just stuck with a boy name, lol, :yellow2:

my IRN's name is georgey, his owner named him and he sold it to me, :green2:;)

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
I had a fid named Sam for 21 years and she had been named by one of her previous owners in her first 9 years of life. So when Sam died suddenly several weeks ago and my family brought home a new bird for me they were determined to name it Sam . I resisted and named the baby crimson bellied conure Gem both because she is a mix of Gem tone colors that will get even more vivid as she grows up, but also after a mute character in an original Star Trek episode as she is a very quiet bird. Then last week my husband went out and bought a very young green cheek and declared her to be Sam II. That has become Sammy. My old keets are Sky (she looks like white clouds on a blue background ) and Merry (a Christmas present for my daughter in 1995).

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
My Eckkie is named Abby.. I name her after the character Abby Sciuto (played by
Paulie Perrette) from the TV series NCIS. I thinks she is so cute.
So even before I got my Eckkie I had the name picked out.

Most Reactions