Where to buy stainless steel bowls/spoons/etc cheap?

chika

Jun 27, 2011
Parrots
Chika, my green cheek conure. She is my first bird.
For toys. I need small bowls, small spoons, regular sized spoons, etc. My main concern is knowing whether or not they're actually stainless steel...

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
I got my large-medium SS bowls from the local cooking store for 8-12 bucks, But i think i would just go to walmart. and get thier camping silverware sets many of them are stainless steel and not very expensive either. I also think they have dishes there in SS they aren't to badly priced. You may find them in normal housewheres but i think the SS ones there are more expensive. Other then that try any sporting good store in thier campware sections. Hope this helped.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
I got my large-medium SS bowls from the local cooking store for 8-12 bucks, But i think i would just go to walmart. and get thier camping silverware sets many of them are stainless steel and not very expensive either. I also think they have dishes there in SS they aren't to badly priced. You may find them in normal housewheres but i think the SS ones there are more expensive. Other then that try any sporting good store in thier campware sections. Hope this helped.

What great advice.....I know I use little ss bowls to put toys in rather than buying the expensive ss buckets.......

I also buy a lot of bird toy supplies from california bird nerds on the web and I believe they have stainless steel stuff....now, I have an urge to go check out the camping section at our local evil empire (walmart)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Carry a small magnet to test for quality of SS, good stainless is not attracted to the magnet. If magnet sticks then it will rust quickly.

OP
C

chika

Jun 27, 2011
Parrots
Chika, my green cheek conure. She is my first bird.
Carry a small magnet to test for quality of SS, good stainless is not attracted to the magnet. If magnet sticks then it will rust quickly.
That's a great idea! I never knew that.

Most Reactions