Where to find an IRN

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
I am looking to get an IRN in the next 6 months to year. The problem?....I would like to pick a bird that possibly bonds with me, and not have one shipped to me. I can't seem to find a breeder even remotely close to Maryland. I don't mind Va, Wva, Pa, Nj...maybe Ny. If anyone is aware of one that I'm not please help me out ....thanks!

wrvgirl

Feb 17, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
A flock of fluffy chickens & one sweet little ringneck named Apollo.
Tokensmom, where in MD are you? I just saw a Maryland breeder in my online travels! I'll look up the information for you!

OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Sorry, i just saw this. I clicked on it and it was in chinese...lol. was the address correct? Im close to frederick md.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
There are some great rescues you could try in Maryland and in pennyslivinia that get many ring necks in from time to time. This would assure you could form a bond as you would visit them and have interaction with them before adopting.

List of rescues:
Feathered sanctuary, pa
A lair of dragons, pa
Phoneix landing, md

These are just a few that are very reputable I'm sure there are more. All of these have websites and contact information if interested.

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
The link at wrvgirl posted is actually japanese, lol :)

You can have a look at the website conure and parrot world, they have a list of world wide breeders.

OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Thanks guys...i actually meant to put that the website was in a foreign language....but then i just took a guess. See what i get for guessing. Thanks also for the rescue sites....i am very happy with getting a rescue as well. Im a firm believer that an animal is for life, not just for christmas. However....there are a few exceptions....death, illness, allergies, the similar....but not just because u want something else....or u are tired of it or dont want to put a little work in. Ok....off my soapbox. Thanks again for the info.

wrvgirl

Feb 17, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
A flock of fluffy chickens & one sweet little ringneck named Apollo.
Ah! I've no idea why their website is in Japanese! Here's their contact information though...

M&T Aviary
Route 194
Frederick MD 21701
(301)845-4448

Last edited:
OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Thank you! I had never heard of them and they are about 25 mins away. That would be so great. I will call tomorrow. At least I would have the opportunity to be around the IRNs and see if it is the next bird for me!

Sassy

Jun 4, 2012
Bethlehem PA
Parrots
Neytiri -CAG 4/11/12
Scooter Pie -Caique 8/12
Butch - citronella 'too 1988
Skittles - caique 4/13
Ringo - caique 2009
Chica - caique 2006
Rascal - RBC 2001
I'm in eastern pa and and the shop I deal with has babies right now. They are so cute the feathers are still coming in.

Bird Mania - Home

OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Thanks...i will give them a call tomorrow. You guys are full of great info....keep it coming if you stumble across anymore.

Most Reactions