Who doesn't love a cuddly conure video? (Featuring: Kiwi)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So I'm sure I've talked EVERYONE'S ears off by now about my white-eared conure, Kiwi, and how she's such a joy for me, but I've never posted a video of her!! :eek::eek:
Well.. long story short, I couldn't sleep at all last night, I didn't actually sleep until around 6 AM and I got up around 10-11 so I'm still pretty tired and moody.
Kiwi, however, has been such a cuddle-butt with me all day. Preening herself, cuddling up to my hands, just being so calm with me. I'm sure she heard how restless I was all night, because when I'd roll around or get up to go to the bathroom I heard her moving around her cage until I settled back down.
I figured I'd capture a short clip of it for anyone who gets the same joy I do out of seeing a bird be such a sweetie. She kept her back turned to the camera(she's camera shy..) but you can see how she literally moves toward my hand and leans against it for cuddles. It's hard to have a bad day when you've got one of these in your hands, right? :eek: (sorry for the poor lighting, our living room doesn't have an overhead light so it's sort of dim in here.)

[ame=http://youtu.be/qB32C2ntZ0Q]Apr 3, 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Such a sweet video, Ashley. She obviously loves you just as much as you love her. I can see how she would make it hard to keep your grumps on! Lol!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Thanks, Stephen. :) She definitely knows how to brighten up my day! Sometimes it's by being hyper and playful, and other times it's just some cuddles and TLC :)
You should see her when I'm in a bad mood and Brad is home.. she doesn't let him touch me without chasing him down!! Hah. It's like she's saying "Hey! She's having a bad day! Don't you mess with my mom!" but as soon as I pick her up and tell her to step-up on him she's fine.
I guess Loki got curious, cause I heard some peeps from under my hair and looked over to see this..!!(He wasn't chewing, that's old damage.. he was just wanting to know what was going on! Hah)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Awww! That is so adorable! Cuddle sessions with green cheeks are the best. They're such loving birds, honestly it blows my mind sometimes. It makes me wonder why people look at birds and think they're boring when they have such unique, loving personalities.

And that's a funny picture of Loki! I can just see him thinking, "Pfft... cuddles? Who needs cuddles! I just wanted to make sure Kiwi was fine, honestly!" Such a cheeky little boy!

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
Nice. I wish Cookie was as cuddly as Kiwi. She's not mean, just independent. (She takes after me I guess)...:rolleyes:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Kiwi is adorable:) Great video!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
D'aw, thanks you guys. :) She's definitely a momma's girl, that's for sure!
Frumpy- I understand. Loki is the exact same way. We have a bond, it's sort of a love/hate thing(He loves to attack my hands and I hate to discipline him for it!) but if Kiwi's involved, he'll join us on the bed, in the chair, he'll "supervise" her baths (because he absolutely hates taking them.) He's decided it's his job to keep an eye on her and she doesn't like the clingy type! Hehe. He likes(Or I guess, has a higher tolerance for..) Brad though. He doesn't fight with Brad or get territorial to him. As long as he's happy hehe.

Most Reactions

Latest posts