Why is she doing this?

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
So Lilo has been very moody lately and she has been regurgitating. She only regurgitates in her mating season so is it her mating time and if so when will it end?!?! :rainbow1: She is more nippy and loud. :rolleyes:

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Yup the days are getting longer so it's early courtship season, it will cool off in a few months. Make sure she gets to bed by dark, it helps alot. :)

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh ok thanks! I will do that! Fwew, I'm glad it will cool off! Last year she went all the way till may! :( That was hard...

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I just love the avatar pic! :) that hat is pretty spiffy!!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Thanks, I found it on bird tricks on FB. It is soooo cuute!!! :D

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
Kiwi is starting to regurgitate too and tries to feed my mouth or my finger…I distract her with some toys when she gets like that. The other day though, I was too late and she actually brought something up and flung it all over the place. I literally had a big gunk of green vomit on my wall. >.<

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lol KiwiS! Lilo likes to regurgitate on me so one morning she was on my knee and I didn't know she did that so I put her away went to school and I saw a big tan blob of puke! Ewwww!

Most Reactions