Marnie

May 4, 2010
Williamsport, PA
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parrot;
had
a Senegal &
2 love birds
:rainbow1:i have had my Senegal for a month now. she just turned 1yr old on the 3rd and she does this thing when i talk to her and fuss over her.
at first she was just bobbing her head up and down. i figured this was some kind of infantile feeding behavior? but it meant she was relating to me in her own way. so the more i talked the more she would do it and she seemed happy.
now, the more i talk to her the more she will do this till she brings up a chunk of food! then she will re-eat it.?????
:confused: what the heck is that about? is she "sharing" her craw with me?

on her birthday she became hand tame all by herself, as if she was giving me a present:D i was most pleased with the new Marnie! now i can handle her as much as i want. i was thinking i would never be able to handle her as she was a biter but all that changed on her birthday.
cool beans huh

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
Haha, sounds like shes regurgitating for you! Thats actully very kind of her... in weird parrot-like way. Its what they feed their chicks and such. It shoudn't be a poblem unless she does it obsesively. Keep up the good work! Looks like your doing a great job.

-Cass

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Parrots sure show their love in a weird wonderful way.
You doing a great job with Marnie, keep it up.
Enjoy your birdie time, it's so rewarding.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
She really loves you...enough to share her food with you. It's kind of the parrot version of an engagement ring.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
She really loves you...enough to share her food with you. It's kind of the parrot version of an engagement ring.
That's a nice way of putting it. :D

My cockatiels haven't done this for me before, but they still preen my face all the time. I'd rather have my face preened than be offered half-digested food.

OP
Marnie

Marnie

May 4, 2010
Williamsport, PA
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parrot;
had
a Senegal &
2 love birds
OH MY! thanks for your input, i figured thats what she was doing. now when i talk to her and she starts head bobbing i only let it go so far. i can tell when she is going to bring something up "for me" so i walk away.
so i guess we are officailly "engaged" then :)

Most Reactions