Wild Eagle Nest Cam

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Where is this located? There is a bald eagle nest above our river camp @ Hinton, WV. The male has been hauling branches in for weeks (huge branches). The live cam is not active today. I'll try again later. Its amazing when they fly over your head, they have a huge wingspan. This is the first year that I've seen them in our area, but they make the papers every week. I think everyone is very excited to have them in our area. Thanks for a great link!

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The page says Hampton Roads Va. is the location. Very active nest with 3 babies.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
With such sadness in my heart I report to the forum members that the female eagle from this nest has died. I have been watching the 3 chicks for about 2 months now. The mom bird was hit by an airplane near the airport in Norfolk Va. How said is this. The authorities are talking about how they will proceed for care of the chicks. Dad has not been seen. I am sure he is sad too because he lost the mate of his life.

Last edited:

vedwed

Feb 8, 2011
Media
CA
Parrots
Oliver-Red Crowned Amazon, Sky-GCC, Ruthie-Sun Conure
Aww I enjoyed watching these eagles, I hope for the best for the babies

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Hopefully the "dad" will continue to care for his motherless babies.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Oh my that is very sad!!!!

Where I used to live up in South Dakota out in the country side in Freeman, SD. There was a young pair of Bald Eagles in my backyard. There's a stream running through the pasture and it was neat watching the pair flying across the pasture. I sit out there just to watch them fly around....

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Oh that has touched my heart so deeply, those poor babies. Hopefully the father will return.

Thanks for sharing spiritbird, I love the live cam's

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Last update: The eagle chicks were removed from the nest this am and taken to the wildlife center to get them ready for release. The dad was looking on as this took place. Hopefully now dad eagle will get on with his life and return later with another mate.

Most Reactions