Will Be Bringing Home A 12 Week old Cockatiel Tuesday!

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
So I know I said I would wait for awhile before getting another parrot. But the opportunity arose and I couldn't let it pass me up. A friend of my grandmother is moving into a retirement home and she is desperately trying to find homes for her birds. She had placed all but one 12 week old Tiel.

I was at my grandmothers today and was talking about Skittles and birds in general ect. Long story short my grandmother says "So and so is looking for a good home for a baby Cockatiel, you should check it out!".

Of course I was a sucker and had to check out this adorable baby. Parents were on site (they are the only birds going with their owner to the new home) and healthy and all have seen a avian vet.

Do I have a huge cage yet? No but I have a suitable one until I buy both Skittles and this new addition each new cages. Which I am already saving up for. I know the cockatiel would benefit from a huge cage right off the bat. But she/he is small enough that the cages I have access to will work for a couple weeks.

And I am totally prepared for quarantine and keeping the new Tiel in a different part of my home.

So it's not an ideal situation. The ideal situation would be me having two huge flight cages for both birds already. But I could not pass up the opportunity to own a tiel again, sorry I just couldn't! And this would be my first time raising one from a baby. I am pretty excited!

I am waiting until Tuesday to pick her up just to make sure her cage is all set up and good enough for her for now.

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You could however try craigslist and such places for a used cage within your budget that's a bit bigger to suit your needs.

OP
Fae88

Fae88

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Bruno (male Grey Cockatiel, under a year old)
Yeah I have been keeping a eye out on craigslist looking for something around the sizes I would like. I have seen a lot of reasonable ones they are just a bit small. I will definitely continue my search.

Most Reactions

Latest posts