will chrping of parrotlet drive dog crazy when im not home

swim

Jan 14, 2013
hi i am thinking of getting a parrotlet (it is like a love bird) but i have a dog when im home the parrotlet will be fine but when im at school the bird and the dog will be in sperate rooms will he birds criping drive the dog crazy
:rainbow1:

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I would say it really depends on your dog. If it is a breed that is hyper most of the time & barks at everything, it could stress it out. Since they will be in separate rooms when you are not home, I would think neither the dog or the parrotlet would be too concerned with each other. And tho I have never owned a parrotlet, I have had a love bird and they are not super loud when vocalizing.

I have dogs & I have 2 macaws, an Eclectus, a conure and 8 budgies. My dogs (poodles & shis tzus) do not pay my birds one bit of attention when my flock gets to rocking & belts out their rendition of the rainforest medley. And we all live in the same big room together. On the same note, my flock doesn't pay the dogs any attention either.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
It only took my dogs a couple of days to decide the birds were just part of the furniture and to ignore them unless they are running across the floor and then the dogs decide to back up and give the birds some space, They don't trust those beaks either plus I have very small dogs:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts